One Last Breath 🦎 (PT 5 of the one blank blank series)

Okay this is basically what happened before pt 1

Tw: Death, Violence, Gvns 🔫

MC ages:
Camilo - 16
Dolores - 18

Warning; Major Character Death

"Hey Camilo?" Dolores said

"Yep?" He responded

"Do you think that if you shapeshift into Jose and I stand on your shoulders I can reach the second floor?"

"I don't know, let's give it a try."

Camilo shapeshifted and got on his knees, Dolores took off her shoes and climbed on his shoulders, standing on them.

Camilo grabbed her ankles tightly and slowly stood up, careful not to drop her.

She successfully reached and before they could unassemble the human-tower, Pepa walked in.

Dolores was startled and nearly fell, Camilo caught her, but the impact caused him to fall onto his back.

Pepa made sure they were okay before she lectured them for a half hour.

They apologized and Camilo asked his sister if she wanted to go for a walk.

She said yes and the two left casita. They walked half way through town when it happened.

Dolores was grabbed and taken behind a building, Camilo followed.

He saw his sister being held at gunpoint.

"Please, let her go! Take me instead!" Camilo shouted

"Oh there will be no taking. Neither of you are leaving this place unless it's in a body bag."

"Please, she's pregnant!" Camilo shouted, this was not true. Mariano and Dolores weren't even engaged yet.

"And it's twins! Their names are going to be Valentina and Miguel!" Dolores added

The guys threw them up against the wall. "Hey boy!" They shouted

Dolores heard every word of the conversation.

"We'll give you a choice, you can die and she can leave, or she can die and you can leave."

Camilo didn't even think about it, "let her go."

He walked over to his sister, hugging her tightly. "I love you." He whispered, kissing the top of her head.

"No!" She shouted but it was too late. Camilo pushed her in the opposite direction as there was a loud bang.

Camilos hands reflexively went down to the wound.

Dolores screamed loudly and the two guys fled.

Her adrenaline must've kicked in because she carried her brother all the way back to Casita before pantingly calling out to her aunt.

"Camilo....shot....food....now!" She breathed out

"Gonna.....get....máma.....papá."

Dolores ran to her parents room, knocking furiously.

When she got no response she opened the door.

"Camilos been shot!" She nearly screamed. Her parents rushed downstairs.

Dolores put pressure on her brothers wound, the shiny blood coating her hands.

Pepa grabbed his hand and squeezed it tightly and Félix made sure his wife wouldn't flip out.

Julieta ran to the table he was laying on with an arepa con queso. She tried to shove it down his throat but he couldn't chew it and he couldn't swallow.

Pepa held her sons hands for several more minutes as Julieta tried to feed him until his breathing slowed, his eyes fluttered, and he gave his mothers hand one final tight squeeze before taking one last breath and releasing her hand all together.

Pepa screamed and Dolores looked at her hands, they were covered in her brothers shiny wet blood. She wiped them off on her dress, which possibly ended up being worse.

Camilo faded for good as his short life came to an end. Dolores gave him a kiss on the forehead, just as he'd done for her and walked away, wanting to get away before the rest of her family could come near.

Word Count: 593