Is There Someone Else?

(a/n: way shorter than usual bc idk what to write so send me requests por favor and i'll somehow stretch into 8k words 🙏🏾)

It's the after party.

The one after whichever awards show that Y/n and Ariana had attended.

It was being hosted by Doja, close friend of Ariana and Y/n's. And a close friend of his.

They had just pulled up. And Y/n knew for certain he'd be there.

"Get out of your head please." Ariana glides her hand into her fiancé's, pulling the both of them through the entrance of Amala's mansion.

"I'm not even in my head."

"Mhm." Ariana rolls her eyes. "Then why are you being so quiet?"

"Just hangry." She shrugs.

Ariana wants to have the energy to keep prying at her fiancé but instead rolls her eyes as they continue their stride to the kitchen. To neither of their surprise there was several tables full of bougie looking finger foods and the like on full spread; Doja's an amazing host.

"See. Problem solved." Ariana's smile is cheeky as she picks up a fist sized dinner roll and sticks it between her woman's teeth.

Except it's not. "Great. I'm fuckin starving."

"Uh huh. Oh- I see Doja over there talking with Nicki I have to go over there right the fuck now. You comin?"

Y/n only half heartedly listens to what Ariana is saying as her eyes scan the room. Where is he?

"Ummm..Nah nah I'll catch up with y'all in a sec."

With a weird look and a shrug, Ariana scurries off.

In the midst of Y/n's angry chewing and the booming bass of the music, she slowly forgets about how irritated she is. Actually enjoying herself and the food she's having.

She sees Ariana laughing with the two other women and smiles to herself. Her cheeks get hot at how her fiancé is clutching at her stomach as she does that quiet little mouse laugh because she can hardly breathe. The woman was across the room and the music was far too loud for Y/n to actually hear it but she can still imagine it perfectly.

She thinks to join them, she loves the company of the two rappers just as much as Ariana does. They've made the woman nearly piss herself on numerous occasions.

" I'm good I'm good I'm great
Know it's been a while now I'm mixing up the drink
I just need a girl who gon really understand
I just need a girl who gon really understand "

And at the sound of the man of the hour's music Y/n is instantly re-pissed off.

Y/n spots a pocket of people cheering and pointing and dancing boisterously at the start of the song. She recognizes them as his little posse. Found ya.

Her body is quickly swerving through people with her eyes on the back of his curly haired head.

"Whoa whoa whoa. What are you doing?" Her fiancé appears in front of her, stopping her a few people short away from her target.

"Ummm?" Y/n looks irritated and caught at Ariana's question.

"Look whatever you were gonna say to him just let it go the songs aren't about me baby. And even if they were who cares? I have you."

She looks at Ariana like she's a wild animal before replying. "Because, Ariana, he sings about having a fucking affair with you! Did you even listen?"

"No!!! Because it's not about me!!"

"Exactly. I'm not gonna let him disrespect you and leave these sick little rumors and speculations up in the air like that. I know he wants you, how can you not see it?" She stares at her fiancé as she stares back, both of them on completely different pages.

Y/n can't believe that Ariana doesn't back her up on this. That she doesn't see how he's behaving. And Ariana can't believe how crazy her woman is acting. She must say she kind of likes but still, she's completely lost her mind in her eyes.

Y/n interrupts the silence again. "I just wanna talk to him." She shrugs.

"No. Drop it- Let it go. C'mon." Ariana almost drags her away before a voice stops them.

"Hey ladies."

Your POV

He was almost lucky enough for me to be dragged away. But look at this. This fuck walked right up to us. The gall- the fucking gumption of this guy is insane. His ego is almost as big as his head. I can't even stomach the fact that we used to be best friends.

I cant wait to put him in check.

"Hey Abel." My fiancé greets. I'm quiet as fuck obviously. "Congrats on the new album."

Why the fuck is she-

"Wow- thank you." He looks shocked at the compliment. "You liked it?"

"Yeah I did actually. Sacrifice is pure ear candy seriously." She smiles.

He eyes her and sips on the glass of brown liquor in his hand. "Preciate that Ari."

He looks over at me and stares. "Hi." He smiles way too widely as he addresses me specifically. "That dress does you all types of favors Y/n." I stay silent.

"What do you think of my album?"

I want to knock the grin on his face into next Tuesday. Who the hell does he think he is stepping to me this boldly? This disrespectfully?

"I don't think of it."

"Oooh ho ho." He hisses in mock offense. "Damn. What do I need to fix for you to like it?"

"Scrap the whole thing and put it back on the shelf." I shrug.

"Y/n." Ariana's eyes were wide with her pointed tone but I dismiss it. If she won't stop being naive and confront this shit then I will.

"Yeah and the first track you can take off is I Heard You're Married." My tone bites as hard as it can over the loud music "Super distasteful track in my humble fuckin opinion. Absolute ass."

"Mm." He shakes his head, taking another swig. "Okay I hear you. Ari, you're her soon to be wife so I have to ask- Why don't you hate my album like she does? I simply gotta know where your guys' heads are at right now." He laughs wickedly as if this conversation is just the most interesting and amusing thing on earth. It's at this moment I realize how inebriated he is as well.

Ariana falters, her eyebrows digging down on her face."...Well because my fiancé thinks you wrote some of those songs about me. But I told her that's not true." She shrugs.

His eyes are wide as his head snaps to me in surprise. He can't get a single word out without being interrupted by an airy laugh. "I did no such thing Y/n cmon now."

I can do nothing but stare at him oddly as my fiancé does the same. Was I actually wrong about this? There's no way.. He's a crazy ass liar. He's trying to make me feel crazy.

"Don't try to deny shit Abel you wrote it all for the public to hear and now everyone, including me, knows you want to fuck my wife!"

"Babe STOP."

"Y/n I don't want to fuck your wife." He's still fucking smiling.

"Shut the fuck up liar! I thought we were fucking friends-"

"Ariana," He turns to her "I do not want to fuck you I'm so sorry about the misunderstanding." Still smiling.

"No it's- it's all good I'm sorry about her I don't even know why she thought you were talking about me."

God why can't she see through this horse shit

"No no Y/n's a smart woman. She was close to the mark." He chuckles under his breath.

Both mine and Ariana's head tilts.

"Sorry Ariana, but I want your wife."

maybe pt 2