Is There Someone Else? II

Ariana's POV

"Sorry Ariana but I want your wife"

My god is the room spinning? Is the room fucking spinning or did this prick really just say that?

A couple seconds go by as I'm just staring at him over the loud music. I'm genuinely in utter shock.

"I beg your fuckin pardon? Abel?" I finally muster up the sense to reply.

The smile that he had been wearing seconds ago drops as he gets a more serious face. "Look, Ariana, I'm sorry I didn't mean for my feelings to turn out this way. Y/n is a wonderful woman." His eyes gloss over and the smile returns only for an instant.

My jaw is slacked in disbelief as I stare at this starry eyed man gawk over my girlfriend.

"Wait wait- what the fuck? No no no- you wrote those songs about Ariana-"

"Y/n stop playing dumb, you know those songs are about you"

My head whips to my fiancé, "The fuck does he mean by that?"

"How the hell should I know?!"

"Think of how close the three of us used to be, especially me and Y/n"

"Yeah- Close as friends Abel!" Y/n glares searingly at him.

"Yeah well-"

"You know what- No shut up shut up- shut the hell up, don't say another word to my wife-" I interrupt him

"Well technically she's not your wife yet"

Holy shit

I'm gonna commit assault tonight.

My resolute faith in my fiancé's ability to critically think is reaffirmed when she's pulling me away from this jackass before I can put my hands on him and make a headline in the middle of this party. Doesn't mean I'm not mad at her for it though.

Now I'm just...scouring this album from top to bottom. Just listening and listening and listening some more. Thinking on the lyrics, trying to read between the lines. Trying to figure out why the fuck he thinks he should be singing about my girl.

Me and Y/n, we didn't get to talk much about what happened last night because she got belligerently drunk and disappeared half the night. Luckily for Abel, I didn't see him the rest of the time we were there.

I was too pissed off last night to have such a serious conversation with a drunk girl.

But we will have that talk today.

Just waiting for her to wake up. That's why I've been obsessively listening to this album- see if there's some truth to what Abel was suggesting about them being oh so "close".

"Why the hell are you listening to this Ariana? Seriously?"

"Glad you're awake. Cause this is exactly what I wanted to talk about. Sit next to me." I pat the couch cushion.

"I just woke up and I have the worst hangover-"

"Yeah I bet you do. That's why I have a cup of water and advil right on the coffee table right here so sit. Down."

She scuffs her way over to the couch, falling onto it next to me. She takes the advil at a sloth like pace, I imagine due to the fact that she probably feels like she got run over by a train in her sleep. I roll my eyes.

"Why'd you get so drunk last night Y/n? Weird timing for you to get shitfaced don't you think?"

She groans. "Because I didn't want to have this talk last night. In the middle of Doja's party."