03

A LOUD THUD—as Junhee simply put—"desperately needs more power" reverberated through Dongcheon gym as Jiwoo delivered another round of punches and roundhouse kicks into the punching bag held by the woman responsible for her existence in Dongcheon

It was midnight, and it was just the two of them since this was the only hours they had the entire gym for themselves. The boys were now deep in their slumber after training for a whole day, giving the women the chance to be raucous and stentorian as they wanted to.

Besides, Junhee would like to train Jiwoo personally without the entire Dongcheon boys watching them especially the former rookie, Do Gangjae. A little monster he was, the one who's likely to win the next—tomorrow—weekly brawl. She wanted Jiwoo to solely focus on her training without any distractions if she wanted to move up to a better rank though ranks was not the purpose why she was here. She wanted revenge, and to achieve that, firstly, she must win the brawl; more reason why Junhee was here. She wanted her to win and then they will talk business.

They were drenched in sweat, the perspiration cooling their skin with each workout. Donning only grey sports bra and black leggings, Junhee's exposed milky-white skin became more beautiful, glistening under the yellowish light. Meanwhile Jiwoo, clad in a t-shirt and long pants, the dampness on her shirt brought a deeper hue to her clothing, the fabric adhered to her small figure. Their hair were tied up in ponytail with bangs fell freely across their faces, strands of it clung to their sweaty temples due to the rigorous activity.

"Harder!" Junhee shouted, feeling the force of Jiwoo's punches rippled throughout the punching bag.

The newest rookie grumbled, her pony tail oscillated behind her as she adjusted her footing and stance, throwing another round of strikes—it was powerful this time—that almost sending Junhee backwards with the renewed strength.

They went on like that—punching, kicking, grumbling and shouting—for another fifteen minutes before the real training began.

In fighting, size, power, speed and aggression matter, Junhee had said as Jiwoo intently watched her—making some mental note, and she almost lost in the process as her eyes landed on Dongcheon tattoo beneath Junhee's collarbone. Most of the pattern was obscured by the fabric of her sports bra before her eyes shifted lower, spotting another mark on her abdomen. Stab wound?

"If you want to survive, you need to have something that makes you superior to your opponent." Junhee continued, adjusting the thin white band she preceding wrapped around her hands—a technique she learned during her martial art days to protect the tendons and muscles. "Vital points. Temple, upper lip, chin, solar plexus and genitals."

Jiwoo nodded at each aforementioned vital points, stamping the crucial information to the back of her mind. Coming from Dongcheon's finest herself, it was important for her to know and learn it if she wanted to win the brawl—a hot topic she had heard circulating around the gym when she did all the work Gangjae used to do for about two years as a rookie: the chores, cleaning and cooking. Besides, she wanted to wipe the smug off of those Dongcheon boys belittled and mocked her on the very first day she arrived, so they will know her presence here was not as some kind of their prey or 'food', but to win. She will beat them. She will beat all of them until they're all out of assholes.