04

JUNHEE rushed to the hotel

Half an hour ago she received a call from Jung Taeju. It was a short call, yet it was enough to make her dropped everything she was doing at the moment upon hearing the victim's name was Yoon Jiwoo. An assault, Taeju had simplified. His voice was taut, not giving her any details on the phone as he urged her to get back as soon as she can.

When she arrived at Mujin's floor, Taeju was already waiting for her near the entrance to their boss's office. The guards positioned along the hallway bowed their heads as she passed each one of them from the private elevator, addressing her with the deference due to her status in the organization. Her messy low ponytail bounced against her back, her white Ursina pumps clicked with urgency against the floor as she approached Taeju.

"What the hell happened?" She inquired once she stopped in front of him.

According to Taeju, Do Gangjae tried to get back at Jiwoo for beating him during the brawl that was held in the evening. Taeju did not know what happened exactly before he arrived at the scene, all he knew was, Gangjae almost smacked Jiwoo's head with a fucking hammer. If he late for another minute, Jiwoo's face must have caved in, unrecognizable from the whack, bits of her brain would have scattered all over the floor.

"That little fucker. I'll kill him," Junhee hissed, manicured nails digging into her palms, her lower lip wobbled as she tried to curb her anger, "How's the girl?"

"She's fine," Taeju sighed, voice dripping with annoyance at the mention of Jiwoo as they walked to the door, "Go see her for yourself once all this is over."

Taeju did not trust the girl at all, she did not belong in this lifestyle like Donghoon although Junhee and Mujin saw otherwise in her; he did not get that. Three of them were aligned in most aspects regarding to Dongcheon, but when it came to Jiwoo, he only trusted in himself.

The two acolytes then slipped into Mujin's office, positioning themselves near the gilded black double doors, hands folded over each other in front of them. Upon seeing the arrival of his most trusted members, Mujin unsheathed the katana—a gift from his Japanese client, Yamamoto—to begin with the proceeding that will decide the former rookie's fate for his crime.

"Face, arms or legs? Which one?" Mujin asked, testing the blade's weight in his hand. The fine Japanese craftsmanship served a greater purpose rather than being displayed like other trinkets in his office. He had been using the blade to punish the misbehaving recruits by mangling the aforementioned parts. "I'm only going to mutilate one."

Gangjae breathed heavily at the consequence of his actions, glancing—with his one good eye—at Taeju and Junhee behind him, only to find emotionless faces staring back at him. He swallowed hard, feeling completely at loss as he staggered forward, clutching his injured right side and kneeled in front of Mujin.

For Junhee, to be in here under circumstances like this was like entering the Devil's lair, to be honest. It was no secret that Liber Hotel was known for its luxurious, triumphantly modern and state-of-the-art facilities that match the hotel's contemporary style for business and lifestyle travelers from all over the world. A masterpiece of design, like a well-tailored suit, Liber was designed with Choi Mujin in mind. Beautiful, bold, stylish and sophisticated like a perfectly fitted suit straight out of London's famed Savile Row.