Part 2- The Girl

Mayuri's Pov

(Didi jaldi se taiyar ho jao... Aapke paas ek naya customer hai) 

"Quickly get ready... you have a new customer" a little girl around the age of thirteen yelled from outside the room.

(Haan theek hai, aap jao) 

"yeah ok, you leave" replied a sweet feminine voice from inside.

A young girl was lying on a large bed, sleep was about to engulf her when she was disturbed by the voice of the little girl. Sighing she forced herself out of bed and fixing her saree she went out and headed towards the bathroom.

I can't even get two minutes of sleep, I thought to myself and sighed while tying up my hair into a loose bun. I was dead tired and wanted nothing more than to just have a good night's sleep, but alas it seems like it's gonna be a busy shift. I walk into the dirty bathroom and fill the metal bucket with some cold water. I splash it onto my face and wash my hands and legs. The cold water quickly washes the drowsiness away from my eyes as I head towards the dirty mirror, well you can't really say the mirror it was more of a shiny sheet of metal. I redo my saree and then closely examine my face and neck as I reline my eyes with some kajal and touch up on some more lipstick.

"I see your still alive"

I turned around at the familiar voice it was Rasiya didi "yeah, thank god that Thakur didn't come"

Di just laughed "hey at least he's better than that other guy what was his name... Ramnath"

(Vaise bhi...Kya koi khaas aa raha hai?)

"Anyway, why are you getting all dolled up... is anyone special coming?" she questions

(Koi khaas nahi, baas ek naya customer...) 

"No one special, just a new customer... so you know I have to look good" I tell her

Just then the little girl came running into the bathroom almost slipping on the water from the dripping pipes

(Arrey Shaswati sambhalke) "Shaswati be careful" scolded Rasiya di

(Vho...Rammo... Rammo... Ne mujhse kaha ki tum jaldi karo...) 

"Rammo told me to tell you to hurry up and that if you take any longer you wont get today's pay" panted Shashwati before running away again

(Yeh ladki bi na) 

"This girl" I sigh rolling my eyes

(Acha di me ja rahi hoon...) "Okay di I'm leaving or Rammo is gonna eat me alive" I chuckled while leaving the bathroom and heading back to my room.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------