Chapter 4: Everyone is the same

He was seated in a huge table.
His father beside him, showing his talent as an actor, grinning about his son's perfection.
Perfect grades, behavior, body, life.

Taeyong was indeed uncomfortable, which got worse when the son of their business partner decided to join them.

He had blonde hair and plump lips.
He was eyeing Taeyong suspiciously.
He noticed the way the boy trembled whenever his father dared to touch his covered wrist, as a caring action.
He noticed Taeyong stirring his food around too scared and anxious to actually eat.
He knew... he had been in this position too.

Hwang Hyunjin knew... too well.

"Father, I believe that Taeyong hyung is over and I'm not hungry anymore. Could we please go for a walk around our gardens? I would love to show him my flowers, and of course, talk about business. "

"Ugh! You and your flowers! Anyway, because of your polite tone, I will let you off the hook if Taeyong-shi's father agrees too."

"I don't have a problem as long as Taeyongie stays a smart little boy. Right son?"

"Y-yes father. I will."

Hyunjin grabbed Taeyong's hand noticing how much was shaking and drove them to his favorite spot in the garden, were blue roses were seen.

"Hey... Taeyong. Can I call you that?"

"I- I guess so."

"It's alright don't be scared hyung. I'm not hear to hurt you, really, i promise. I just needed to get you out of there noticing your frightened expressions. To be honest, I thought you would collapse in there."

"I- I wasn't s-scared."

"Look, it's okay i get it if you were. To be honest, my father is just like yours. He beats me too. It's not okay but it's alright if you feel scared."

"H-how did you?"

"I- you didn't cover that bruise under your eye that well and I could tell from the numerous scattered scars in your right hand and neck, it all seemed like healed bruises and wounds to me. Don't worry, nobody else noticed it, I'm just... familiar with covering ugly purple, black and yellow spots on my skin watching them fade away."

"Thank you for getting me out of there Hyunjin... I was anxious and I was getting so angry. He still has the audacity to talk about how perfect I am. Bulshit! I'm sorry for your father-"

"Shhh! They might hear us! Look, you may leave in a little while, but- this is my number, I gave a phone behind my father's back. Text me whenever, I would love to have you as a friend. I never had one, not one that my parents would like. I- I mean if you want to, if not it-"

"No! I do. I really like you and you made me the most comfortable I've ever been, literally."

"I- I just felt that we could get along pretty well and share our problems and maybe get stronger together, you know?"

"I get it. I agree, I would like that too."

"You could meet some other guys i sometimes hang out with soon!"

"I would love that!"

"So, text me and-"

"Lee Taeyong! Get in the care we're leaving!"

"Of course father. See you soon Hyunjin!"

"Bye Taeyong! Take care!"

An hour later Taeyong's face came in contact with the marble floor, blood dripping down from his nose.

Every noise around him was muffled. He felt his world spinning, only catching some insults leaving his father's mouth, as he beat the shit out of him.

He wouldn't let himself slip and faint.
Suddenly he felt the figure going closer and closer to his face, a hand touching his tight.

His reflexes kicked in faster than ever quickly kneeling his father on his nose, he fell down crying in pain, while Taeyong run upstairs to his room. Locking the door leaning on it.

As he slowly sat in the floor, the image of the man downstairs crying about a light blow of a weak human being on his nose was made him laugh. This man had the audacity to cry out from such a light blow!
Weak.
Taeyong could handle getting beat up with no mercy since he was born.
What a weak human being, no wonder he turned into a monster. He did it to survive, he did it because he was weak.
And Taeyong was proud he wasn't like him.
And this feeling was gone when the little voice in the back of his head reminded him how useless he was that he made his own blood hat him.
Everything was perfect till his own thoughts guided him into believing all the insults he's ever heard, from his father, from people, from men that took advantage of him.
And as he spotted the shiny metal thing on his tub, his eyes seemed to close on their own, the pain settling in sending him into deep sleep.