Moments

Chapter 21:

It was daytime, people were going and coming from a huge building. The hospital name was written on it. Neil was running in the corridor of the hospital. He comes to KK and Ali.

Neil: Avni?

KK pointed in the room. Neil goes to the door. The nurse was standing in front of Avni so he could not see her. Neil comes to KK.

Neil: how did she faint?

KK: Don't know, we were having a party. Everything was going well. Suddenly, Avni start sweating and went to the bathroom when she took too much time then Sonia went to check and saw she has fainted.

Neil thinks.

Neil: Did she drink?

Ali: I don't think so. I mean, she did not leave alcohol and drugs but she has reduced it considerably.

KK: I don't know but I saw her near the bar counter.

Neil gets angry.

Ali: anyways, you meet her she gets conscious.

Neil furiously goes there. Avni was laying by resting her back to the pillow. She smiled weakly to see Neil who was looking at Avni angrily.

Neil: you can't live without alcohol for a day, hmm?

Avni was looking at him.

Neil: you know about your health issues still you are not ready to leave that. I thought you are changing yourself but no, you can never change. I was mad that I thought you can change.

Avni shook her head.

Neil: I was feeling guilty about my behaviour towards you, I caged you in the home. I was cursing myself for that food incident. I was hating myself that I said those hurtful things to you, I crossed my limits, I should not call you boozer but you proved, I was right. I was right about you maybe not for that incident but in general, I was right about you, you can never change. It is my mistake that I thought, you can change.

Avni looked down. Neil was about to say but he heard a knock on the door and turns. Avni looked up they saw the doctor who was looking at them. He comes and checks Avni. Neil comes near her.

Neil: doctor, there is nothing to worry about it, right.

Doctor: no, she is fine but needs extra care.

Neil: she has a kidney problem.

Doctor: yes, I know and if she continues her effort and leaves alcohol then she can get better soon.

Neil frowns.

Neil: continue effort?

Avni looked at Neil.

Doctor: yes, she is trying to quit alcohol. That's the reason, she fainted.

Neil looked at Avni she looked down.

Dr: She did not drink since the last day that's why her body craved for that and when she resists then she had an attack. Leaving alcohol is not an easy task. It needs a lot of willpower, courage.

Neil looked at Avni.

Doctor: anyways, you can take her home and please take care of her. It can affect her health. She will crave for alcohol, her body will crave for drugs now you have to become her strength.

Neil nods.

Neil: sure doctor.

The doctor goes. Neil turns to Avni and sits. Avni was looking down.