The milan.

Suddenly he got a phone call.

Hello?

Something horrible has happened, sir.

He began running from the meeting hall, leaving all the delegates behind to reach her.

He found her sitting on the steps fighting back tears, staring at the burnt hand covered with ointment all over. He ran towards her, covered her head with his coat by hugging her.

He kept his chin on her head, saying it's okay to cry, it's okay, everything will be alright.

She clutched his shirt with one hand at the waist and started crying. He patted her head repeatedly till she stopped weeping. Meanwhile, her mother called, and she was struggling to take the phone out of her bag, he helped her hoist the phone, saying,

"Hello, aunty! I am Dev, we have met many times before. Yeah, the situation is she is going to conduct some workshops and she is quite busy, I noticed her phone ringing and took it up. And she wanted you to pack her clothes and essentials for one week as she said she won't be able to return home till the session is through."

Her mother wholeheartedly agreed to him with all the respect and faith she had for him.

"My officer will come and collect them," he informed her mom.

He comforted her for a while and added, "you can't go home like this, so, I told your mom to pack your things. Was that alright?" to make sure of her opinion.

She gently moved her head sighing okay. He saw that she had relaxed her fist and she wanted to shift her head.

He felt embarrassed and muttered, "I will go and bring the water bottle."

He sprinted to the shop above the steps and purchased the water bottle. She kept her head down standing below the steps, waiting for him. He hurried back and handed her the water bottle. She drank the left after washing her face with the water. He summoned the car, both sat in the car clammed up and the chauffeur started driving.

Dev signaled him to pull over the car to the side. Soon someone arrived and handed over her suitcase, stuffed with clothing. He kept the luggage in the car trunk and sat in the car.

She inquired wondering yet not showing on face, "when did you inform him?"

"Well! When I went for the water bottle." He answered.

She thought to herself that he was quite fast.

They arrived at his personal residence. After exchanging their glances, "Is this your house? Okay, thanks for consoling me, Bye!" she gave a kind grin.

He skeptically looked at her with his penetrating eyes.

Without noticing him, she requested "Sir, please drive me to the nearby hotel" to the chauffeur. The car didn't move.

"What, why aren't you getting out of the car?" she questioned staring at him.

"Hotels are neither safe nor trustworthy, also I had given my word to your mom. So please stay here." he moaned.

"I don't even know you. You are also not trustworthy." She answered.

"If you don't know me, then why did you follow me?" he counter-attacked.

"You offered help and I didn't refuse, also I took the taxi, I didn't follow you. I am a psychiatrist, so I can say what's your character within minutes." She confidently answered lifting her eyebrows.

"From which angle, does this look like a taxi? And I'm a well-raised one, so you don't worry about that. Also, you know martial arts, so, I believe there are zero chances of misbehaving with you. Please stay here for a week, I promise I won't bother you." he entreated her to stay by defending his character.

She quickly checked the car to uphold herself but remained silent after confirming it as a Mercedes Benz new edition.

Meanwhile, his phone rang, and it's her mom's number on the screen.

"On the speaker!" she enjoined.

"Hello, aunty! We collected the suitcase." He spoke on phone.

"Please look after her. She is so lame and naïve. she can't even organize her things properly. How will she live alone?" her mother worried.

"Mom! I can take care of myself. Stop saying all these words. I am hanging up the phone, call you later." she shouted and quickly disconnected the call.

Both of them locked their gazes on the other and he asked, "Why don't you speak respectfully with your mom."

"If you want to know, I would say that's none of your business," she answered ignorantly shifting her gaze away from him.

"Now your mom asked me to take care of you, please stay here.", he asked her with his innocent face.

"Okay," she answered in an irritated tone.

Both got off the car, he took out the suitcase from the boot, showed her upstairs said that's the place where she would be staying.

He opened the door after carrying the stuff upstairs.

Both stepped inside, and she started examining the whole house. "Using your psychology skills to know about my behavior?" he giggled.

"No, the interiors are nice and your taste also looks fine. Are you living alone here? independently raising your company?" questions poured out one by one from her.

"Well, thanks for the compliment. And about me, keep guessing." he simpered looking pleased with himself.

She was gob smacked by his actions. He helped her to organize things in the room. He invited her to come for supper once she had freshened herself. He prepared the meal, they both finished eating. After he completed washing the dishes, he spotted her sitting back on the sofa with an exhausted soul.

He hesitatingly walked towards her being unsure whether to apply the ointment or not to her hand. She noticed him immediately and quickly started questioning, "How do you know me? Who are you? Why did you target my mother? Did they send you to bring me?" pointing her hand towards him.

He grabbed her hand and gently applied the ointment by saying, "Are you a psychiatrist or detective? It's not at all what you are thinking? You look so tired, if anything needs to be discussed, we can make it tomorrow." and ignored her questions.

"If you don't say anything, I am going to leave right now. If you know anything about me, then I guess you are probably aware of my tenacity," she warned.

"You are so scary. Okay, I'll say, but promise me you won't leave until your hand is healed.", he replied.

"Okay, if and only if the reason is acceptable!" she promised looking into his convincing eyes.