♡Past♡

"Long ago" The woman muttered tucking a strand of ebony hair behind the young girl's ear, "When the nations were new, amor found her own. He is a kind, gentle man my dove. He will treat you well and give you everything your growing heart desires."

   A young child clutched to her mother's neck as the woman held her child, an elegant hand moving the hair out of the girl's face. The girl's amber eyes were wide with wonder as she held a fist full of her mother's dark hair, looking at the woods they were passing. The young girl was only days away from reaching one, and tears clouded her mother's eyes. 

  The woman reached her free hand out to take the mans who stood in front of her as tears slid down her ethereal face. They embraced as the baby cooed, placing a hand on the man's cheek as her eyes closed happily, blabbering incoherent nonsense. 

  The woman laughed as she slightly pulled away from the man, leaving only his hand on her waist as they both peered down at the child, now cradled in her mother's arms. Glassy tear's fell onto the babes' cheeks as the woman tried to stop her sobs, her shoulders shaking and her breathing unsteady. 

"Mi amor, you must go, before the other's realize you are missing." The man spoke removing his hand from the woman's waist and placing it on her cheek, tilting her head to him.

"Mi Vida, I can't leave her, she is so young, so pure." She got out through broken sobs as she continued to let tears stream down her face.

"I know amor, but she will be safe, and she will be with me. I swear to you, from this day forward I will never let anything place her in harm's way." He kissed the woman, his hand trying to soothe circles into her cheek. 

  The baby blabbered words of nonsense as she wiggled in her mother's arms, causing the older woman to laugh slightly. She held the baby up, the moonlight illuminating her, making her look like a true goddess. Out of the corner of her eyes, the goddess caught sight of a flower, snow white blooming in the middle of the night. 

  She walked forward, to the flower as she plucked the stem, holding the fragile petals in her hand. She held out the flower and the baby reached for it, taking it and at realizing its delicacy she held it gently, the snow petals reflecting in her wide eyes.

"My dearest Adana, you sweet girl, my heart swells with joy and it has since your birth. I would give anything to keep you, but it is not safe. My dearest joy, te amo, more than anything in this world." She walked back to her lover and placed the baby in his strong arms.

  She placed her hand on the man's chest and she lifted onto the tips of her toes, placing a kiss on his lips. A tear slipped down his cheek, and she wiped it, resting her forehead on his. She tensed and turned around, a white dove flying from the sky and landing on a branch. Her eyes widened as she pulled away from the man and her child. 

"I love you, mi familia, but I must go now." The bird flew to her shoulder as she pulled a golden necklace from her neck, placing it on a branch. 

"I love you, Mi Vida, may we meet again on some foreign plane." He watched as the love of his life; the mother of his child disappeared into the woods."

 A disembodied voice muttered into the wind, carrying across the entire mortal realm, "May we meet again."