♡Two♡

Adana stood behind the three Jaguars as they slowly lowered Maya down the side of the palace. Her back was flush against the wall as she propped one leg up, intertwining ribbon and flowers into her hair. Her mind wandered back to the boy, and soon her body began to shake. She slid to the ground as she lent her head back, feeling the sun on her face.

Visions of another woman clouded her mind, except this woman looked nearly exactly like her, the only difference the golden tone in the other's eyes. Visions came and went just as the seasons, never tormenting her long enough for her to figure them out, but not short enough so that she didn't need to worry.

She soon was able to snap out of the vision and as she stood up, she watched the rope slip from each of the brothers. She ran forward, grabbing for the rope, instead, she had only launched herself off the side, landing on top of Maya in front of her parents. Maya proceeded to complain about her arm, and Adana rolled off of her, standing up swiftly as she moved her hair to the side, running her fingers through it.

The Queen walked towards Maya, and Adana sheepishly looked away, not wanting to be scolded for eavesdropping. "Why would you do such a foolish thing?" The queen exclaimed, holding her arms out.

"I heard everything." Maya said standing up, she looked back at Adana and the second girl sighed, walking forward and taking the girl's arm.

"This, this isn't easy to discuss." The Queen spoke again, looking from the Flower Princess to her husband, then back at Maya.

"Well, Papa could have said," She took in a deep breath and then let go of Adana, "And by the way, Maya, the gods do walk among us, and I cheated on your mother with one of them, and then boom, you were born."

"Mija." The King spoke, his body moving slightly forward.

"Don't 'mija' me. You could have told me my birth mother was Lady Micte." Adana stepped forward, grabbing one of the girls' arms and placing her other hand on her shoulder, pressing her head against Mayas'.

"When you were young, it seemed too soon to tell you. And then... well too much time had passed." The king explained, a solemn look on his face.

"How could you betray my-" Maya stopped for a moment as her eyes glanced to the queen, "Your wife? Weren't you angry Mama?"

Maya looked to Adana and the girl shook her head she bowed. She didn't want to experience any family drama. She had to go and find her own Father, after all, they were going to war. She pressed a light kiss to Maya's cheek as she excused herself, swiftly walking to the door as she exited.

Adana entered her father's room with a light knock, upon hearing a light "come in" she opened the door, closing the door swiftly behind her. The King smiled at his child's approaching form as he extended his hands outwards. She ran into her father's arms as she wrapped her arms around his neck as she buried her face into him. 

The king pulled her back at the feeling of tears against him, and he cradled her in his arms, as if she were an infant again. Adana gripped onto her father's arms tightly as her body shook. The king brought his hand to meet her hair as he brushed it away from her amber eyes. 

"Papa, why." She choked out, trying to stop the sobs from falling from her throat.

"It is fate, amor. Your fate lays before you, it does so for all of us." He placed the girl on his bed as he went to his armor rack, placing the heavy metals on his body.

"But why me?" She brought her hands to her chest, holding tightly to the golden necklace of her mother's memory.

"What do you mean?" The king looked back as he glided his arm guards on.

"I mean, Papa, why go to war for me? Why was it me Mama gave birth too? Why me that you and the rest of our kingdom is stuck with?" She retracted her knees to her chest as she rested her head on them, her gaze clouded with tears.

"Mija," The king placed his weaponry down as he marched over to his daughter, placing a hand on her shoulder as he knelt to her level, "I don't care what your mind screams at you, but you are worth it, every second of this life you have blessed me. Please Adana, don't think that you are not worth saving because you are."

-♡-

The drums rang thought the kingdom of Teca. Adana stood by Maya and the Queen as she watched women and children kiss their husband's goodbye. Red and Blue soldiers stood in perfect formation, silver moonflowers decorating her kingdom's warriors. She turned her head slightly as Maya begged the queen to go and watch the soldiers destroy the divine gate. 

"Mija, you're not a part of the prophecy. I need you and Adan to stay here and help me protect the kingdom." Adana reached out and took Maya's hand at the queen's words. 

Adana smiled at the king's words as she let go, walking a step behind Maya. "He doesn't get this, you guy's need to look out for him." Adana nodded in agreeance, he definitely doesn't get this, at least not on his own. 

"We'll help him Fight!" One spoke, "We'll help him eat!" Another said. "We'll help him pee?" The last questioned, causing the family including Adana, to laugh freely. 

"Your brother Lance... ""Your brother Daggers...""And your brother Shield..." "We swear an Oath...""... to destroy the Divine Gate. "And prevent the gods from entering the world. "And ensue your safety little sister. As well as you, Princess Adana." They all finished on a knee, to which Adana smiled sadly, her eyes going wide as she met Lance's gaze. 

The Queen walked up to her sons as she said her goodbyes. Maya complained more, causing Adana to let out a curt chuckle as she placed a hand on her hip. as she listened in on their conversation slightly, she smiled. She had already said her goodbyes to her father, and he was now at the bottom, in front of the Iron Garden's military. 

As Chiapa landed on Maya, separating the boys from her, she felt herself being pulled away. As she looked up, she bit her lip, seeing the lance in the hand of one of Maya's brothers. He let go as he pulled a rose from behind him, presenting it to Adana with a slight grin. Her feature's fell slightly as he placed the rose behind her ear. 

"Princess Adana, think of this rose as a promise. When I return, I will bring you a full bouquet. Perhaps, consider this. My love for you is undying." He grabbed her hand, bringing it to his lips and placing a gentle kiss on it, before guiding her back to Maya. 

Adana was deaf to the world once again as she watched both kingdom's retreating forms. Her hand shook as she brought it to meet the rose, taking it by the stem and looking down at the blood petals.