♡One♡

The carriage shook as Adana looked over her features once more, her long black hair in a braid down her back. Her golden earrings hung off of her ears elegantly, and the golden necklace easily weighted down her entire body, but years of carrying it had grown her a tolerance. Her Father sat in front of her, his broad shoulder pushing against the sides as he hung his head, not wanting to bang it. He admired his daughter, a solemn smile on his face. 

 'Mi amor how she has grown. She looks more like you each passing day.' Tears threatened the man's eyes as he smiled at his daughter.

 "Papa, you are going all mushy again! We will be at Teca soon, dry your tears." Adana held out a handkerchief to her father and he took it, folding it in his hands.

"Don't worry about me, mija. You just look so beautiful, like your mama." They felt the carriage slow to a stop, and the door opened, a guard holding it open.

  The King of the Iron Gardens stepped out of the carriage, followed by his daughter, who held her head high, balancing the flower adorned headdress. Yellow and orange flowers plated together on top of her head, as well as the moon flowers that sat behind her head. She was true beauty, and gasps were heard as she stepped onto the grounds in front of the Teca palace. Her colorful dress ran along the floor, and she felt the sweat grow on her neck.

"Papa, it is so hot here, why did you tell me to wear all of," She paused as she looked at her father, exclaiming towards her dress with outstretched arms, "this? I'm going to die of a heat stroke!"

  The older man laughed at his daughter, and she turned, crossing her arms over her chest with her head facing away from him. She opened an amber eye and glanced to the top of the Teca palace, where the King and Queen, as well as princes stood, clad in armor. Even from where she stood at the very bottom, she could see each of the princes' eyes on her.

She looked to her right and she bowed slightly at the Widow Queen, a smile gracing her elegant features. The Widow Queen's eyes went wide as she pulled her doll from her back, waving the arm at the girl. Adana nodded at the doll before turning back to the palace, straighting her posture as she tucked a strand of hair behind her ear, being mindful of the moonflower behind her ear.

"That's the Princess of the Iron Gardens, she is said to be very kind and beautiful, Fabiola!" The Widow Queen speaks to her doll, holding it in a direction that faces Adana.

  Horns started to blare, and drums sounded off as all eyes turned to the top of the castle. Everyone watched as King and Queen Teca turned, watching their daughter come out adorned in riches. She was stunning, Adana remembered her own coronation, it was only a month or so before Maya's.

  When Maya tripped, everyone sucked in a breath, and Adana had to keep herself from laughing, biting her bottom lip. She felt a sideways glance from her father, and as she looked to meet his eyes, she noticed he was struggling as well. As Maya regained her composure and she stood, everyone looked at her in awe, especially Adana.

  The Princess of the Iron Gardens and the Princess of Teca had known each other since the young age of three, and they grew together, despite the differences. Adana grew into a diplomatic leader, the only liable heir to her King father, who would soon take his throne, His other child a boy by the name of Adrevan the age of four who didn't even live in the palace, instead living with his mother in the village homes.

  Maya, however, growing into the adventurous wild spirt who could be contained. Though, just because Adana was a diplomatic leader whipped into shape, it didn't mean that she didn't always obey those laws. Whenever the flower princess would stay over at the Teca Palace, Maya would always manage to convince Adana to leave the comforts of their shared bed and traverse the woods.