Hoseok

"What a day." Namjoon groans. He tilted his desk chair to look over to the girl beside him.

Y/N sat at her desk, clicking her pen. She had been in deep thought since the big meeting ended. Would anyone suspect her?

"Investigator L/N," Namjoon says. He was able to get the girl's attention this time.

"Yes?" Y/N grumbles. She was in no mood to associate with him. Namjoon always tried his hardest to act professional but always ended up with his casual yet, obnoxious tone.

Namjoon gives a warm smile before turning his chair to face Y/N. "Who do you think did it? The files and footage of everyone's office is completely gone..." he drifts off in his sentence.

"Since you are a lower rank than I am, I'm not able to tell you information discussed with the higher class," Y/N states before turning away from him.

A scoff comes from Namjoon's mouth. "High rank this, high rank that," he mocks. "I'm still part of the investigation."

Y/N adjusts herself in her seat. It began to feel uncomfortable on her back. "If you'll excuse me," she says before leaving her desk.

***

"I'll take an iced americano please," Y/N orders. She needed caffeine after her long night.

"Fancy seeing you here," a voice greets behind Y/N.

Y/N turns herself to see a man slightly taller than her. His smile was remarkable and unforgettable. "Hello, Hoseok," Y/N replies.

Hoseok tilts a small wave before ordering a drink with hers. "I'll pay."

"Well, thank you, it's been a while hasn't it?" Y/N asks.

"It has, did you figure out what career you wanted to do?" Hoseok asks as he slips out his wallet.

Bills stacked against the side of the all-leather interior. "Quite a job you have," Y/N points to the cash.

Hoseok smiles and hands the cashier the total. His charm had never faded. "I work on cars for a living, I would call it middle class."

Y/N knew he always had a knack for cars. "I thought you'd go into that line of work, all you did through college was talk about cars." Y/N replies.

The coffees were set on the pick up bar. Hoseok walked to the bar and grabbed their drinks. "This one is yours," he said with a sour face.

Y/N furrowed her brows, "what's that supposed to mean?"

Hoseok chuckles and motions over to a table. "Let's sit and talk for a little," he proposes.

Y/N trails behind Hoseok to their chosen table. Hoseok pulls out a chair for Y/N to sit in, "you first."

"You haven't lost your charm," Y/N smiles before seating herself.

He walked to the other chair and placed his drink on the table. "What's with the heavy bag?" Hoseok points to the bag dangling on Y/N's chair.

"It's my paperwork, I became an investigator," Y/N explains.

"It looks like they have you doing some heavy work, don't let them beat you around too much," he jokes before taking a sip of his drink.

Light beamed in from the early sky. The forecast expected later rain. The large panel windows had been cracked open to let in the cool breeze sweeping over the room. This is nice.

"We have a pretty large case at the moment, unfortunately I can't discuss much with you," Y/N says.

Hoseok looks down at his drink. "I've heard of it, I was questioned the other day at my shop," he continues, "a street racer, right?"

Silence stood between the two at the table. Down the street, screeching tires could be heard from two cars. They got louder as they closely approached the street of the cafe.

"People are so loud," Hoseok groans.

"Get down," Y/N warns.

Hoseok tilts hit head with confusion. "Get down!"

Bullets began to fly throw the cracks of the windows, some shattering the panels.

"Don't let them get out of here!" Voices screamed.

One set of the tires lead to the side of the building. While the other stopped in front. "Y/N," Hoseok takes her hand.

Hoseok lead Y/N out of the back door. The cool air hit her hot face. Panic began to overwhelm her as she stepped further from the building.

"Are you guys okay?" A voice calls out. They stepped closer from the end of the building.

"I think she has a scratch or two from the glass," Hoseok replies. "We need to leave, now."

More crashing and glass breaking was heard from the door behind Y/N. "Who-"

"Come on," the hand tugs her away from the building.

Hoseok had only mentioned being a mere car engineer. So what was this?

Y/N was shoved in the backseat along with Hoseok beside her. "Keep your head down, if they see you.." he mumbled as he pressed his head down beside her.

"What's going on?" Y/N begs for an answer.

Her head hit the leather seat in front of her as the driver hit the gas. The back of the car was darkened with the tint on the windows.

"They found out what you did," the driver explains.

"That doesn't explain who you are, just tell her already!" Hoseok groans. "Your stupid games."

The car turned a corner. The tires screeching at every move filled Y/N's mind. There was no point remembering all of the turns they would take. "It's been a while, Y/N," the voice says. "If you didn't get rid of my file, we wouldn't be in this mess."

"Yoongi?" Y/N asks.

Another turn. "Who else would be your get-away driver?" Yoongi says before maxing out the dash.