───꒱ 03: 𝑎 𝑙𝑎𝑤𝑦𝑒𝑟

⊱ ──────ஓ๑∗๑ஓ ────── ⊰

I think I've seen film before
And I didn't like the ending

⊱ ──────ஓ๑∗๑ஓ ────── ⊰

____________________
┆ ┆ ◌┆ . ⊹ ┆ ☽
┆ ⁺✧ ┆ ┆
┆ ⊹ ☽ ✮
┆ . ✧
ღ ⁺ ◌

"We don't know what it is, someone found it from a meteorite," began Harry, Marisol slowly circling around the table with focused eyes, following the strange substance in the small container. "But if I couldn't get Spiderman to give me a bit of his blood for a cure, this might help."

"Harry, you're crazy," Marisol countered, eyebrows knitting together. "It looks risky— it is risky."

"Well it's worth the risk, is it not?" She stood baffled by his words. "Peter wouldn't help me get to Spiderman, and I've got little time left."

Marisol stayed silent, the Osborn who stood in front of her was someone she held dear to her close circle of people. Yet choosing whether to tell Harry about Peter being Spiderman or leaving the blonde with no cure, she stayed conflicted. Ever so conflicted.

"I could run tests with it," were the words that came out of her mouth. It earned a pause, then a choked laugh by Harry.

"You're crazy to think I'd let you do that."

"And you said it's worth the risk."

"For me, not for you. I don't want you doing this, and I'm not going to put you through danger doing so. If Peter— or anyone at all finds out you're experimenting with... with this unnatural substance-"

"Harry." He looked her straight in the eye. "I'll be fine, besides, what are friends for am I right?"

He looked at her, hesitant thoughts racking his brain. One thing he knew about his friend, however, was that she was persistent. Of course Marisol wouldn't stop pestering him about wanting to help. Giving out a sigh, Harry reluctantly hands the container to her, though he already felt something bad was about to happen. "Don't tell Peter."

"Ms. Leeds-"

"No."

"It's only fair that you cooperate, there's plenty of evidence that Spiderman, dare I say, Peter Parker, has been involved with the death of Quentin Beck. And we need you to follow us."

A glare was shot by Marisol, starting to lose her calm. People just enjoy pinning the blame on others, do they? More or less they believed whatever they ran into, but she knew. The girl knew that wasn't the truth, Marisol wasn't there when it happened but when Peter, Ned, and MJ told her about the whole ordeal coming home, Marisol knew one thing about the three, especially Ned. It was that they wouldn't keep a secret too long from her.

"Try prying anything out of me, there's no use to it." She folds her hands together on the table, straightening her posture. The agent looked frustrated, much to her delight. "I know my rights, officer."

"We see that you do."

"And I want a lawyer."

"Look, Marisol," he lets out a loud sigh. "All of us are appreciative of how you've aided the Avengers during that battle with Thanos."

"How did you know that?"

"Ned told us, much out of accidental rambling. But back to what I was saying, Strange bringing you to the fight even if you were much of an amateur? We're just happy that you made it out alive."

The officer's intentions seemed much off-putting, but she decided to listen. "So the least one of the heroes of Earth could do is to help us answer our questions."

"Can't call me a hero, sir, I've barely done the fighting, and excuse me but I'm sorry. You'll have to find some other 'hero' or something along those lines to help you with this madness."

•───────•°•❀•°•───────•

"Murdock!" It was rather late at night, early morning even, when they were sent free. Marisol walked behind the rest, on a call to search for some solutions.

"Foggy told me about the whole ordeal," began Matt on the other end.

Marisol gave out a huff. "Can't you believe these people? We're trying to get Parker a lawyer to discuss legal matters."

"Do we have anything on Friday?"

"Not too much, why?"

"I believe we have some work to do."

Friday did roll in quickly, and pretty soon the two stood in front of the front door of the apartment along with Happy. They stood in silence, Happy wanting to strike a conversation every now and then but unwilling to proceed. Eventually, the door opened, Aunt May welcoming them inside with haste.

It only occurred to Marisol that she never told Peter she was coming over till he rushed out of his room when Aunt May called. "Marisol?!" he called out, the girl only waving enthusiastically.

"Guess what? I've got you a lawyer- I think." The younger boy came over to give her an embrace, much out of appreciation. Especially when the whole world seemed to be against him, it was nice to have her helping out. This caused Marisol to give him a lighthearted laugh, patting him on his back. "Come on, Murdock's got some things to talk about."