5

A V E R L Y

I step into the cafeteria. It's the day we have to submit our first part of the project.

"Averly! Your here!" One of my project partner says and I nod giving a small smile.

I look at there table and see a bunch of people gathered at there table.

As I'm looking around the table my brown eyes meet with the same green eyes I talked to yesterday.

"Ay, Dylan! My man," I see two guys sit next to green eye boy.

Dylan. Huh. I like that name.

I hear a voice interrupt my thoughts.

"You completed part on right?" She asks and I nod, standing next to their table.

I don't want to sit here.

As I turn to walk away and sit at another table, I feel a tug on my arm which almost makes me fall back.

"Sit with us Averly!" A guy says. I'm about to say 'Sorry, I can't' but before I get the chance to talk I feel a hand on my shoulder and I get pulled down.

Next thing I know in sitting at their table.

Great.

I look across from me and see Dylan, his jaw clenched and he's staring at the guy who made me sit down.

"Also Averly," Another guy calls from the table, "What about Stacy's assignment, have you done that?" He asks.

"Yeah, I've submitted it," I say and his eyes light up, "Can you help me with it?" He questions.

Just as I'm about to say yes my eyes connect with green one's. He's sitting across from me and his jaw is clenched.

Why is he always mad?

I'm about to turn back to the guy at the table but I notice Dylan shake his head in no.

Oh. I understand.

He wants me to say no.

I turn to the guy waiting for me to say something and I swallow.

Just say no Averly. It's not difficult. You have things to do. Tell them.

But then all three of them are looking at me and I sigh.

"Ye-"

"She's busy," Another voice speaks up from next to me and I turn to see him.

When did he get there?

"No she isn't, she can help us, right Averly?" The girl at the table chuckles looking at me.

I look at Dylan and he raises a brow. I look back at the table.

"I- I can't, I'm busy," I say the words. Force them out of my mouth as I try to maintain an emotionless face. Like this doesn't make me wince I feel him rubbing circles on my back.

**********

What do you guys think about Dylan so far?

Do you guys like him?