Chapter 21 - Exams

It seemed absurd that the students of 1-A were still expected to complete their final exams after everything that had happened. They had been attacked by villains, kidnapped by villains, fought villains to save their kidnapped classmate. Surely that made these teenagers just as good heroes as the likes of Edgeshot and Kamui Woods. Yet, they were still expected to face their own teachers in combat exams that would no doubt leave the first years bloodied and bruised.

Evidently the school system didn't deem constantly fighting for their lives a good enough reason for removing further harm from their students' futures.

"You've got to be fucking with me." Kaida gaped at Mr Aizawa, standing before the class with a clipboard as he rattled off their pairs and which teacher they would be facing off against.

"Problem, Kisaragi?"

Kaida pouted, folding her arms in a huff. "No sir."

"I'm going to fucking crush you, shrimp." Katsuki sneered over her shoulder, and she spoke without looking at him.

"The whole point is to beat the teacher! And I don't know if you heard but you and I happen to be fighting motherfucking All Might." She turned to meet his eyes. "So you might want to get your priorities sorted."

He gave her a dumbfounded look. "And we happen to have come first and second in the sports festival. I don't think we'll have much trouble."

"Bakugou! Kisaragi!" Kaida's attention was torn from Katsuki. Probably for the best, as she was struggling not to tear his throat out in frustration. Mr Aizawa had an exasperated glare on his face. "You two are up next. All Might will have a handicap but don't expect that to help you too much."

He placed a hand on Kaida's shoulder and she stiffened, prompting him to release her and give her an apologetic look. "I know I don't need to keep saying this, but don't just shadow-travel the both of you to the finish line. You may have won the sports festival but you still need to keep improving yourself every day."

Kaida nodded, clenching her teeth before walking through the gates with Katsuki in tow. The makeshift city looked like a post-apocalyptic wasteland from all the quirk practice that had destroyed the empty buildings and sent piles of broken concrete scattered across the ground.

She turned to Katsuki once they had reached the cover of a nearby building. "So, what's the pl-"

"I'm going to crush All Might, and you're going to stand by and watch." He interrupted.

Kaida had already accepted the fact that there was no point arguing with him, and that she would just have to force her way into the fight when the time came. Katsuki had no chance of taking on the symbol of peace alone, so maybe she would just wait until he had passed out to make her move.

A countdown started over the speakers littering the arena, followed by a loud beep to signal the start of the exam. Almost instantly, they could hear All Might's absurdly loud footsteps echoing between the empty buildings.

Katsuki gave Kaida a devilish glare, and she raised her hands in surrender. "Stand by and watch. Got it." Before he launched himself towards the sound of their approaching foe.

Kaida stuck to her word, following Katsuki around the arena as he attempted to take on All Might alone, shouting the occasional piece of advice at him which was, expectedly, ignored. Evidently, he preferred to be beaten and battered to buggery by All Might than accept her help.

She ducked as he was blown backwards into the wall behind her, panting heavily as he landed on his feet with a furious roar.

"Want some help yet?" Kaida grinned at him, clasping her hands behind her back gleefully. She couldn't deny that watching Katsuki get pummelled was somewhat enjoyable.