Remember me?

⚠️ Tw: small mention of death threats
*Skip two years (it's now 2021)*

Remi's Pov

I woke up, and got out of bed. I got ready for work. I put on a random black band tee, and skinny jeans, with some chains. I did my eyeliner, and put my shoes on. Ever since Casper died, I moved out of our old house, because I couldn't afford it by myself. So I now live in a kinda shitty apartment complex. I walked out of my apartment, and I lock the down behind me. I walk over to the elevator, and hit floor 1. I walked out of the apartment complex, and walked to the local Starbucks that I worked at. I still didn't have enough for a car, so I simply walked everywhere, unless I was with Lillian. The Starbucks I worked at wasn't big, but it also wasn't small. It kinda sucked, but it payed my rent so I kept working there. I walked into the back, and put on my ugly green apron. Today I was working in the front, meaning I had to deal with the popular girls getting there very complexed orders. I let out a sigh, and headed to the cashier registers. A few customers came in and out of the shop.

"Hi, welcome to Starbucks, what can I get you?" I said, in a overly chirpy voice.

"Um...can I get a pumpkin spice latte?" The girl asked.

"What size?"

"Venti"

"What's the name for the order?" I asked.

"Emily," she said. I grabbed a venti sized cup, and wrote her name on the side, with a sharpie. I, then handed the cup to one of my coworkers, who started to make her drink. I looked up from the register, and the guy standing in front of me looked familiar, but I couldn't tell because of the mask. He had bright, colorful hair. It was a mix of red, blue, and yellow. I couldn't see his eyes because he was wearing sunglasses.

"Hi, welcome to Starbucks, what can I get you?" I said, for the millionth time that day.

"Can I get a grande vanilla latte?" He said.

"Name?"

"Awsten," he said, as I picked up the sharpie. I froze. I couldn't move my hand to write his name. It could be someone else, you never know. Austin is a very popular name. Yet I still decided to ask how he spelt his name, cause I'm stupid.

"How do you spell that?" I asked.

"A-w-s-t-e-n," he said, and I wrote it down on the cup. I didn't look back up at him. I couldn't. I just handed the cup to one of my coworkers, and kept looking down at the screen in front of me.

"$5.99" I said, and he handed me a ten dollar bill. I counted out his change, and gave it to him, still not looking at him. He sat down at one of the tables. My coworker gave me a cup with coffee in it.

"Awsten?!" I read the name off of it. He got up, and walked back over to the counter.

"Thanks," he said, taking his coffee, and sitting back down at the table. He took off his mask, cause you know, he's drinking coffee, and he honestly looks the same since the last time I saw him. Just with different color hair. I felt like I was gonna start crying. I was finally happy again, and then he just had to waltz right into the Starbucks that I worked at.

"REMI!!!," I was brought out of my thoughts, when I heard someone yelling my name. I looked up, and saw Lillian.

"Hey Lily," I said.