Chapter 8: The Party

It was the day, Gamo-chan's birthday. It was a somewhat cold day, since it was late winter.

It was 6 PM, and Naoto was waiting for Nagatoro.

"She told me to meet at our usual meetup place when we go to school. I guess she's late. Something must have happened." Naoto was a little tired, but he knew he had to come to Gamo-chan's party, since he agreed to it.

"But seriously...Four girls and one boy... that seems a little weird to me..." Before he even had an idea of having strange thoughts, he felt a slight touch on his shoulder. It kicked him out of his trance. He turned around, but he saw noone. Confused as he was, he turned back to the road, and to his suprise, there was Nagatoro, staring at him face to face.

"Holy hell don't scare me like that!" He yelled.

"Well well Senpai, it's your fault for getting scared, i just stared at you, nothing else." She replied. They were both a little nervous for the party. They have never been on a same party before, well not that you can really call it a party, since there will be 5 people, but it is somewhat of a party.

"Shall we get going?" Nagatoro said.

"Right" was the only reply.

Their way to Gamo-chan's house wasn't too complicated, but it was a little longer than expected.

"I don't really know where Gamo-chan lives, so i guess you lead the way" Naoto nervously said. After all, he's only been at one girl's home, Nagatoro's.

"Yes I know." Nagatoro said proudly, like she was teaching him something.

"First we take a bus that goes to the park, and then we got a little walk uphill" she said.

"That doesn't seem too bad."

They got to the bus station and waited for the bus. It was taking unexpectedly long. Since it was late winter, the sun was already setting, since it was 6 PM. The sky was exchanging orange-blue colors. It was quite a sunset.

"Look Senpai! The whole sky is orange." Nagatoro yelled as she pulled him by his arm. At this point he was lost in his thoughts, so it snapped him back to reality.

"Huh? Oh..." He had a quiet reaction, Nagatoro could barely hear him.

"Wow... It's beautiful." He smiled and looked up at the sky.

"Huh... I rarely see him smile these days. He's pretty adorable... WAIT WHAT THE HELL AM I THINKING???" Nagatoro slapped herself in embaresment. Her whole face was red. She looked at Naoto, only to find him looking back at her.

"Are you okay?" Naoto asked, a little worried.

"Y- Yeah! Just remembered something funny." She lied.
She definetly didn't expect this to happen. At this point she realised she was definetly head over heels for Naoto, it just took her a long time to realise.

"What the hell is wrong with me!? My chest feels like it's gonna burst. I can't stop being nervous every time i'm around him..." She thought. Just as she was about to start a train of thought, she could hear the bus in the distance. Naoto noticed it as well.

The bus had arrived, some people got out, and Naoto and Nagatoro were the only people who got in, but there was a certain problem. The bus was completely cramped.

They got in and tried to find a place to sit, but there weren't any places, there were just to many people. Before they knew it the bus started moving. It ticked them both off their balance. Naoto managed to grip onto the pole and get his balance, but Nagatoro couldn't.