Child of Flame (Chapter 2)

Chapter 2:

Giving a Heartbreaking Mission Report

Oh come on. Demigod dreams, you know I was quite happy without those last year. Regardless, this is what was shown: it was on Othrys. Kronos survived, (Are you KIDDING me?) was sitting on a black throne, Arkham was there also, Nelo Angelo (Vergil) and Diavolo Bianco (My Dad, Dante) behind him.

"The Princess Andromeda being destroyed is a minor setback." Arkham said, "I am sure that Lux Redgrave and Percy Jackson would've survived also."

Kronos looked at Atlas, still holding up the sky. "A shame," Kronos said, "But I know Lux's weakness."

Arkham turns to Arkham, "Due tell."

"His fatal flaw of regret." Kronos said, "He won't harm those he cares about. He will not harm the people he cares for, one person in particular."

"Your little spy?" Arkham asked,

"It's painfully obvious." Kronos chuckled, "Though I must give credit where credit is due: Lux is very strong."

"Yes," Arkham replied, "Defeating Mundus, even though he was using a mortal anchor, he still was a threat, close to your level, Lord Kronos."

Kronos nodded, "But I'm sure he will try everything to stop us."

"Do you reckon he knows of The Mark of Achilles?" Arkham asked,

"I think he was testing the waters against me, he must know." Kronos stood up, "Come Arkham, let us begin the preparations."

"Yes," Arkham replied, "Let the death of the demigods begin."

Then I woke up, I felt like I was asleep on Phantom (The Spider Demon made of rock and lava), because I felt rough.

"About time you woke up." A familiar voice said, I turned and saw it was Lady, "How come you ended up here?"

"Fire travel." I said,

"Well, what were you doing?" Lady asked,

I explained to Lady what I was doing, including The Princess Andromeda, The Gods being at war with The Titan's again, how I'm a demigod myself and one of my former friends is now a vessel for Kronos.

"How badly did your mission go?" she asked,

"The enemy was one step ahead, kind of bad." I replied, "Also one of my friends died."

Lady then gave me a cup of coffee.

"I'm gonna make a call to Chiron." She said, "Then I'll take you back to camp."

"Thanks." I replied. Lady walked into the kitchen. "By the way. This is Lena's apartment. Is she letting you borrow it?"

"Well, Demons have been hunting all of us." Lady said, "Including Nero and Lucia."

"You have Arkham to blame for that."

Lady looked at me, extremely concerned, "Arkham?" she asked, "So he's back, huh?"

"Yeah," I replied, "Do you know him?"

Lady nodded, "He's a manipulative, self-centered, heartless demon." she said, "Who just happens to be my father."

"That bad?"

"Killed my mother to become a demon." she added,

"Shit." I replied, "He's more of a scumbag than I thought. Sorry that I didn't kill him sooner."

"You don't need to be sorry, Lux." She said, "Just make sure you kill him."

I nodded, "Let me save Dad and Vergil first."