Child of Flame (Chapter 15)

Chapter 15:

Time to Breathe

Silena and I walked out of The Empire State Building and were walking up to a taxi and were on a steady pace back to Camp Half-Blood. I rested my head on Silena's shoulder, I think just after everything, my body just said: 'Yeah, no, you're done.'

"What do you wanna do?" Silena asked, "In regards to us I mean."

"I do think we should wait it out." I admitted, "Give us a chance to properly grieve Charlie and get ourselves out of the state of being mentally fucked up."

"Luxie, we're demigods." Silena reminded, "We'll never not be mentally fucked up."

"Closest we'll get to mentally stable then." I corrected.

Silena laughed slightly and held my hand, "After everything, I don't think I can be The Head Counsellor of Aphrodite." She admitted,

"I'm gonna be meeting up with Legera after everything's cleaned up," I said, "Wanna join us?"

"Yeah," Silena said, "I think I do."

We then closed our eyes and slept. The exhaustion got to us in the end. No dreams, but we woke up when we arrived at Half-Blood Hill. I paid the driver and we walked into Camp. Everything was so quiet. Nobody was here yet, it was just us.

We walked through the Camp and then we sat in Sparda's Hold. We looked over at what he wrote and what I found was a letter. It was something written in old english. With three words written on the envelope. The words were: 'To my grandchild.'

I picked it up and opened up and read what on the letter:

'Hello Grandson,

This is your Grandfather, Sparda. I'm writing this to you as my way of saying: I'm sorry. Like your father, whichever it may be, Dante or Vergil. My name burdened your life with cleaning up my mess. You're going to have a lot of more trials ahead.

I am aware of this great prophecy that could involve you. I'm afraid you may have to take on some enemies as dangerous as Mundus.

And after that, there is another. Another Prophecy that if you feel up to it. Can have you a part of it. This prophecy is known among The Romans as The Prophecy of The Twelve:

Twelve Demigods shall answer the call,

To storm or fire, the earth must fall,

An oath to keep with a final breath,

And foes bear arms at the doors of death,

Monarchs of hell, clash over fate,

Hearth's Children fight through their hate,

Love and War by their side,

The Dark Lieutenant, once thought died,

Shall lose the fight against Heirlooms hand,

As Lightning and Flame cleanse the land.

Take this as you will. But though I have no right to, I must plead, if you have awoken to a concept of justice. Be a part of this prophecy. There are two more prophecies written on the back, I must ask that you do not read them until the Prophecy of Twelve is complete.

Just know that with your powers, you can lose yourself easily in it.

Be strong. And live my legacy the best way you believe you can.

Yours faithfully,

Sparda.'

I'll admit. I never paid much mind to my Grandfather. I mean, I always thought why the hell should I? He's not really in my life, I just happened to be related to the guy. To me, I gave a damn about my Dad more.

Regardless, I guess I never paid much mind because I was always around more reminders that I'm a Demigod. And well, that's my thing. I'm not my father, though I'm burdened by Sparda's actions, it wasn't to the same degree. My burdens came from who my Mom was, and she didn't want this for me. She wanted me to stay on Olympus with her.

"Hey Silena." I said,

"Yeah?" Silena asked "What is it?"

"Come here." I said, "Where would you wanna go, if we hang out more?"

"I guess I'd wanna go to Aberdeen in Newcastle Upon Tyne." Silena said, "That or the Lake District."

"You'd wanna go to England with an English person?" I asked, she nodded, "I've never been to the Lake District myself."

Silena held out her pinky finger, "Pinky promise."