Child of Flame (Chapter 3)

Chapter 3:

The Demon Gods Warden - Sovereign

Yippee... Another dream. This time Arkham and Kronos were talking in the inner workings of a newsroom.

"Curse that Child of Hestia!" Kronos exclaimed, "To think he'd pick up on our spy so quickly!"

I recognise that News Anchor; it's Bob Barbes.

Kronos turned to Bob, "Can you survey the city?"

Bob sat down at his desk. "Of course I can." he said, in his happy news anchor voice, "It's not like I've been spreading hate propaganda for The Hunters without people believing me."

Kronos chuckled, "That's what I like about you, Sovereign." Kronos said, "You're too good at your job."

"Well," Sovereign said, "I am Bob Barbes. Just doing God's work."

Thankfully it was short. I woke up to a ghost in the living room.

"I must admit," The ghost said, "I wasn't expecting Dante to have two children. Let alone be my true heir."

"Wait," I said, "Grandpa?"

The ghost chuckled, "Correct." he said, "I am Sparda. The Legendary Dark Knight, The Last General of Rome and The Household Ghost of The Second Cohort. Hello Lux."

"Hi." I said, more or less speechless, because this was my grandfather, the same hero that defeated Mundus all those years ago. "I - um - I beat Mundus."

Grandpa smiled, "So I heard from Hestia." Grandpa said, "That and you said hello to my wife."

"She's nice." I admitted, "Granny Eva. She told me everything I needed to know on how to save Dad and Vergil."

"Good." Grandpa replied, he then looked at the stairs to see Legera downstairs in combat gear. "Granddaughter. Best you see your brother off."

"I'm gonna." Legera said, "Don't worry Gramps."

"Good luck to you both." Grandpa said, before we walked out the door.

Legera and I walked through the barracks. Many were surprised to see me walking and talking with Legera. (turns out, Legera never kept close around many people, unless they were in her cohort, were friends with Reyna or Jason or they were Jason). But many were looking at me and whispering about me being her brother, how I looked like I've been fighting a lot or how I looked more militant than Legera. We kept walking until some scrawny guy with blonde hair and beanie babies strapped to his waist.

"Octavian." Legerasaid, with zero enthusiasm.

"Dear Legera," Octavian said, "Who would this boy be?"

"Champion of Diana, Son of Vesta, Legacy of Sparda and somebody who's been fighting as you've been in the legion." I replied, "Also I'm her twin brother."

Octavin looked at me like he was sizing me up. "I would not dare let somebody as unroman as you into the legion."

Legera stepped forward, "Augar, as Senator and General of The Second Cohort, along with confirmation of Reyna, our Praetor. Lux Redgrave has been assigned as my covering Senator and General under any time of my absence. Now you'd be wise to go back to Jupiter Optimus Maximus, wouldn't you?"

Octavian backed away, "When I become Praetor," Octavian snarled, "I'll see to that being overruled."

Octavian walked away.

"Who the hell?" I asked,

"A guy who doesn't understand that I'm gay." Legera replied,

"Thought so." I said, "So who do you like?" Legera looked at me like she wanted to murder me. "I'm kidding. I already know and your secret is safe with me sis."