Chapter 9:

Chapter 9:

Percy Jackson

I held Annabeth really tight. Angelo was coming what-ever-he was, he was a demi-god eating monster who was possibly going to eat Annabeth and I for lunch.

"Percy, I left my dagger at our apartment. I don't- I can't-" She shivered.

"Don't worry, I'll protect you." I grimaced to myself, that was such a cliché line but-clang! The sound came closer, clang! -and closer.

There was a shadow coming near. Then he finally showed up. He was hidious, and ugly monster. I just can't tell what he was. A man that looks like a devil-with wings topped with a lumpy face. He was gross.

"Well, well, well. Another demi-god. Both of you are going to make delicious food for lunch."

He came closer, I protected Annabeth and backed her off.

"Oh, how sweet. Let's have the girl cooked first eh?" I was kind of offended since he thought Annabeth would make a more delicious lunch.

Annabeth made a disgusted face.

I shook away my random thoughts. I was crazy. "If you're not Angelo, where is he?" I asked.

"Oh, your friend is in a deep sleep, in his real apartment. I disguised myself as him for the mean time. And now I'm going to eat you, demi-gods" Annabeth was breathing heavily, "You monster," I didn't know what else to do so I slashed the monster with riptide but he dodged immediately.

Miss! I cursed under my breath and lifted my sword once again. I was so frustrated that I was randomly slashing on him until I finally cut a part of him arms. Ha!

"Ahh!" The monster grunted in pain and flapped it's wings.

Annabeth grabbed a metal bar and ran, but I didn't see exactly where she went. I just kept fighting the monster, but he pushed me down and there was a cut on ny face. I groaned as the pain seared through.

I was pushed down, Riptide was out of my hands, it flew away somewhere when I got down. I would have to wait a few moments for it to re-appear in my jeans pocket but I couldn't wait for it right now! The monster was about to kill me, I lay there weaponless, about to die. Think, think, think

I closed my eyes hard, waiting for the monster to attack. I couldn't think properly. What now?

Bang!

I heard a loud clang, I reached out to feel my body. I was alive. I was alive. I opened my eyes and saw the monster down unconsious.

Annabeth was there holding the metal bar. She hit the monster in the head.

Yeah, Annabeth! I cheer in my head.

She continued to stab the horrible monster, vigorously. Stabbing it super-speed, frustrated & obviously angry. She was muttering curses while she did her work.

I stared at her incredulously. Is she okay?

"Let's get out of here before he's awake." She said, breathless. I stood there still looking at her. She looked fearless after venting out her anger to stabbing the monster.

Thank gods Annabeth was there to save me.

"Wait," I said as I headed down to the unconscious monster-fake-Angelo & slashed at it with riptide. Just to make sure. We watched as the monster- whatever it was turned into dust & vanished.

Annabeth took my arm and hugged her really tight. "I'm sorry," I whispered "I love you." I missed saying that to her. It just felt right. I could've lost her if it wasn't for my stupidity.

"I love you too, seaweedbrain." She said, brushing my hair out of my face. "I'm sorry."

We ran back up left. We finally met the light, with the NewYork buildings and people surrounding us. We were safe. We caught our breaths for a moment.

"I told you you couldn't live without me," Annabeth wiggled her eyebrows.

Well, she was partly right. "You know what- yeah. I can't live without you," I confesed, intertwining my hand to hers. It felt so right. Even if I can protect myself, I'm pretty sure I'll die emotionally without her.

She smiled in satisfaction. "That's right, seaweedbrain. You can't."

"I can't live without you, too." She whispered and it melted my heart. I couldn't help but kiss her.

"I love you," I said every word slowly, looking deep into her stormy gray eyes, our foreheads were pressed together. "I know you do," she said back.

"I still can't believe that monster kissed me." Annabeth spitted.

I let out a laugh and grimaced. Ew. The thought makes me cringe. No- just no.

"Gross," we both said in unison.