Bonus Chapter 5:

Piper McLean

The squawking sounds of the seagulls woke me up from my sleep. I shielded my eyes as the bright rays of the sun flashed before me. My eyes adjusted to the light and I sat up slowly, my back sort of ached because we slept in the sand. I sat facing the calm waves of the sea and inhaled the fresh air of the morning. My hair was a mess so I combed it with my hand a bit.

I felt someone stir beside me and there was Jason, eyes closed and sleeping soundly. I smiled as I admired how peaceful he looked sleeping. I was tempted to lean in and kiss him but it would probably wake him up. It had been a pretty tiring day yesterday so I guess we all needed the rest. The others seemed to have no intentions of getting up, too. They all looked like they were sleeping deeply. I was the first to wake-up!

I put my blanket over myself and stared out into the sea. It would be a perfect time to relax in peace- but then Leo was snoring so loud that I couldn't. Ugh, that boy.

I just rolled my eyes at his goofiness and heard someone yawn. Annabeth stretched her arms and sat up, her eyes still droopy. Finally! Someone was awake.

"Seaweed brain," she whispered as she nudged her boyfriend beside her "wake up,"

Percy woke up slowly, his dark hair in a complete mess. Annabeth already got up and started folding their blankets. Soon, almost everyone was awake and fixing theirselves.

Annabeth and Percy offered to get breakfast ready since they were the first ones up. I decided I would stay until Jason wakes up.

I glanced back to see Leo spraying whipped cream in Frank's open palm.

Oh, not that again.

He tickled Frank's face with his finger on his cheek, snickering. Frank stirred and put his palm to his face. Oh!

And that's how Frank woke up. He stood up immediately, obviously still confused and processing what happened. Leo burst into fits of laughter, clutching his stomach.

"Good morning to you, too" he greeted. Frank didn't look very happy in his whipped-cream-covered face.

He shook some off his face, his expression growing serious. "I'm gonna kill you, Valdez!" and soon Frank was chasing after Leo who took off in fear.

It made me laugh a bit and Hazel did, too. She jogged towards the boys in attempt to break them apart.

"Piper," I felt Jason's hand on my arm. I turned back to see him half awake and asleep. I brushed his blonde hair back and his eyes adjusted wider. "Morning, sleepy head."

He winced at Leo's shouting of random things. He must've woken up with all the commotion.

"Come on, let's go get some breakfast!" I tried to pull Jason up but he pulled my arm back down.

"No," he murmured like a child.

"Jason," I laughed softly, "you have to get u-" he pulled me again and I fell back on the blankets beside him, yelping.

"Stay for five more minutes," he murmured, wrapping his arms around me. His toned arms felt strong as he pulled me close to him, his eyes still closed.

"Okay, okay." I surrendered and just relaxed in his arms. I sat slowly again and stroked his hair. We stayed like that for a few minutes and our friends were probably eating already. Jason finally opened his eyes, this time, I know he's fully awake.

"Sleep good?" I asked.

"I did, when you were here," his voice was still scratchy and he gave me a toothy grin.