⸻ 𝙵𝙾𝚄𝚁

❛ 𝐟𝐨𝐮𝐫 ❜

❝  trouble never looked so damn fine. ❞

          ANASTASIA awoke with a sharp inhale, her head jerking up

          ANASTASIA awoke with a sharp inhale, her head jerking up. Her chin doubled as her brown eyes blinked away the heaviness. The studio was dark; a twilight blue filtering everything. Twilight, Ana assumed by the room's dim brightness.

The aged woman sat up with a slight groan, feeling a pinch in her lower back. She was alone, she noticed. Eyes turning towards the bathroom, the door was shut again. As her face held stiffly with sleep, she pulled her legs out of bed and pulled on two sweaters, layering away the morning chill.

She was still wearing yesterday's clothes.

In the low light, Anastasia navigated her way towards the balcony, opening the door to peak out.

Her gaunt fingers found the discarded pack of cigarettes, fishing another one out. It hung from her dry lips.

Albeit the weather was near freezing, Anastasia lowered herself into one of the metal chairs, trying to light the end with a lighter.

These things were hard to turn on, especially with the metal band down the middle.

After several tries, she inhaled the nicotine, pulling it deep into her hollow lungs. Her body awkwardly leaned back, positioning her hand close to her mouth as her elbow rested on the arm bar.

Some of the songs that were played from yesterday still rang in her head, not that she complained. She realized quickly that music was one of the biggest things she missed.

Anastasia really enjoy Ray Charles, and the band ABBA.

As the names ran through her mind in silent thought, a smile broke at the corner of her lip. It tugged slightly. She personally enjoyed herself last night. Anastasia couldn't tell for James though.

Her head turned, staring at the door that led inside.

They only figured out how to pronounce the names of everything after Anastasia built enough courage to go down to Elena to ask. Elena told them no problem, before also informing Anastasia that she needed a shower. Mentioning 'from one woman to another'.

Anastasia's lips suddenly plummeted into a frown. Not from offence, but from lack of remembering. She hadn't showered in a while. Whenever the last time was...

Her chin wrinkled in disgust, suddenly snuffing out the cigarette by smushing it into the table's glass. She stood, watching the horizon to her left. It wasn't much brighter than before, but she noticed red starting to leak into the dark blue sky.