⸻ 𝙾𝙽𝙴

❛ 𝐨𝐧𝐞 ❜

❝ for you are mine . . . at last!

          THE first thing Anastasia heard was violins

THE first thing Anastasia heard was violins. The shrill notes rapidly descending down, suddenly stalling at the last note for a tense moment that held in her throat.

She was suddenly standing alone in an empty ballroom, noting it looked like it was from the thirties. She turned around in her spot, seeing none other than James standing beside Anastasia.

Relief flooded her body, making her shoulders visibly relax.

The violin faded away, replaced with a man's luxurious voice and a choir of voices.

Everybody loves somebody sometime

A warm smile stretched across her mouth, wide enough to bare her teeth.

Bucky grinned back with his perfect teeth, dressed sharply in his army suit. He reached out a hand, inviting her to dance.

As the beat of the music started to commence, she slipped her hand into his, allowing Bucky to spin them into a slow waltz.

Everybody falls in love somehow

The two stood close to one another, leisurely swaying from side to side as they rotated. Anastasia felt his warmth under her cheek as it was rested against his chest.

Something in your kiss just told me
My sometime, is now

The notes did another quick descend as he quickly spun her around again. Only then did Anastasia notice she was wearing. The red evening dress fitted snug to her waist, having a small opening below the neckline with short sleeves.

Ana's hair was suddenly pinned up and back, styled like how she used to do it back in Brooklyn.

Although it was a mystery on how this all happened, Anastasia didn't care enough to question it.

She pointed one of her feet to the side, glimpsing down at the dark leather pumps.

Everything seemed to be falling into place.

Was everything before just some crazy dream? Did Bucky come back from the war and they both somehow suffered head injuries to imagine such events?

With an eager bite into her bottom lip, the music only seemed to get louder.

Something in my heart keeps saying
My someplace is here