Always and Forever (PART 1)

(FYI: The beginning of this chapter is going to be different than the show because Elijah had stayed with Niklaus in the beginning chapters of this book.)

"So what brings you to the big easy?" The bartender asked Elijah while giving him his drink. 

Elijah was on the hunt to finding the witch they thought is trying to get to them. Niklaus being his paranoid self, especially when it came to Jayden, sent Elijah instead of going himself. 

"I used to live here." Elijah answered her. 

"Really?" She questioned. "When?"

"Oh, feels like a hundred years ago." He answered back.

"I just moved here myself." She told him. "What brough you back?" 

"Well, I'm with my brother and his son." Elijah told her. "I'm afraid he might just get himself into a bit of a bind."

As the bartender looked for a cup, she looked up at Elijah to answer. "You say that like it's a common occurrence." 

"We'll... he's complicated." Elijah tells her. "Defiant, Ill-mannered, and a little temperamental. My nephew is following straight in his footsteps." Elijah describes Niklaus as he takes a sip of his drink. "See, we don't share the same father. Of course, that never bothered me, but my brother resents it deeply, never felt like he belonged. All told, he has a long history of getting himself into trouble."

"And I'm guessing you have a long history of getting him out of it." The bartender said to him. "What kind of bind is your brother getting himself into now?"

"He believes there are people in this town that are conspiring against him." Elijah reveals. 

"Wow, narcissistic and paranoid. Some of it understandable since he has a son." The bartender says. "Sorry, Bartender with a grad degree in psychology, total cliché."

"Listen, Camille." Elijah says after looking at her name tag. "I'm looking for someone who might shed some light on his current predicament. She works here-- Jane-Anne Deveraux. Any idea where I might find her?" He asked. 

"No, but I know someone who might."

...

Camille had told Elijah about a witch that could possibly help him find Jane-Anne Deveraux. He followed the witch round the quarter as she led a group of tourists.

When the tourists went inside the shop, the witch turned to him. "Are you gonna continue following me, Elijah, or do you want to talk?" She asked. 

"You know who I am." He said confidently.

"Original vampire, always wears a suit." She described. "You and your family are famous amongst the witches, especially with your brother and his new son back in town." 

"Well Niklaus is here because he learned that a witch was conspiring against him, someone by the name of Jane-Anne Deveraux." Elijah told the witch. "And since you know about his son, I'm sure you know why he doesn't want anyone getting near him."

"Totally understandable, but if he's looking for Jane-Anne, he's a little late." She told him. 

That statement caught Elijah a bit by surprise. "Are you telling me she's dead." He asked. 

The witch took a deep breath and gave in to Elijah. "Come on." She said. "Her sister Sophie is gonna want to talk to you." 

With that, they walked to the place where Jane-Anne laid dead on the ground. "That's Jane-Anne?" Elijah asked and the witch nodded. "Killed in public for anyone to find." He says as more as a statement instead of a question.