The Talk

"I didn't take it." I said in my sleepy voice as I sensed Nik in the room and looked to see that he was smelling the wolfsbane that was in my purse. 

Nik looked up at me, sighing, and placed the vial back down. "Why did you want to kill our child?" He asked me in a sad voice. 

I sat up on the bed and patted the space in front of me for him to sit. "It's not an easy decision to make, Nik. You don't even want our baby. All you want is this damn power that once used to be yours in this town."

"I... I do want our baby, love." He said but I knew that deep down he was having doubts. 

"Nik, I've been asleep for three years but that doesn't mean that I forgot who you are." I told him and he looked at me confused. "You're power hungry, you always have been. I'm afraid that I don't think you will choose your children over this power that you crave to be king again."

"Why would you think that?" He said, standing up from the bed and seeming offended. "All I have done these 3 years was care for our child. I would always choose Jayden and yourself over anything."

I swept my legs off the side of the bed and stood up. "Then lets leave. Find a way to break the link between that damn witch and me and lets leave. I don't want our kids anywhere near this." 

Nik rubbed his hand through his hair and said, "I would want nothing more than that, love but we can't right now." I scoffed and sat back down on the bed. "There is still a lot that we have to do in this town and it's not a good choice to leave at this moment."

"What is it that there is still to do, huh?" I asked. "Take Marcel down and take over as King? That's not important, Nik. What is important is your children, your family."

"It is much more than that, love." Nik told me and I just looked at him annoyed. I didn't understand why he was acting this way. "Yes, it would be marvelous to take back what was once mine but you are not in the best position to leave. Making the witch do magic to break the link between yourself in her would catch the attention of Marcel. He would know about this newfound, special baby which would not only put the baby in danger but also yourself. Along with that, he could do even more research on our family and find out what Jayden is. Everyone knows that Jayden is here but they don't know what he is and it needs to stay that way."

I sighed but understood what he was talking about. Putting a target on our backs would not be good at this moment in time due to the kids being so young. Jayden's powers shouldn't exist and if Marcel and other witches found out, it would not be good for any of us. Although I knew that the Mikealsons and myself wouldn't let anything happen to Jayden, starting a war is not a good choice. 

"Fine but after all of this is done, I want out." I told him. "Either you decide to choose your family and come with us or I'm leaving with the kids because I'm not going to put them in danger."

Nik nodded and said, "We'll make that decision when the time comes. I have to go but please don't get into any danger, love." He said and leaned down, placing a kiss on my forehead. "I love you, Amelia."

"I love you too." I said and Nik left the room. 

...

The day so far has been good. Jayden and I have spent the day watching movies and also making some desserts like cupcakes and cookies. It was great to be spending so much time with my son because I missed him so much. 

Jayden had just finished his homework for the day and we were now watching a movie in the living room.

"Momma, can I visit my friend?" He asked me, looking up at me since he had his head on my lap.