Chapter Three

Ben had watched Klaus just slump around. He wanted to know what his brother had meant; actually he wanted to know a whole lot of things. He started figuring out how much ghosts he sees, the nightmares he has, and what his special training was. He followed Reginald and Klaus to a cemetery, for some reason a cemetery was on the block Reginald owned. Ben watched in surprise at how many ghosts were there, just by looking at the place. His jaw dropped when Klaus was thrown into a mausoleum. Ben watched as time passed by very slowly for him, but it might have been hearing the screaming of his brother the whole time. A few hours later, a pale Reginald came back and took him out. Klaus stayed quiet on the way back to the Academy.

What the two didn't know was that two women had found Reginald when he had been out, "Hargreeves!" had been yelled. Reginald will not admit that he jumped at the sound but he turned around and saw a woman with hair the colors of flames, she had dreadlocks colored red, orange, and yellow, and she was dressed in black. She was followed by a darker skinned woman with short hair behind her. Reginald will also not admit that he was startled when the flaming haired woman grabbed him by the color and pulled him down, "Don't you fucking dare think about keeping him in that mausoleum as long as I know you will, my sister and I will break both of your legs to the point you are stuck doing the splits and stick that cane so far up your ass that your little human disguise will come off with it, got it?" she said calmly but had a tone that screamed that will do it if he didn't listen. When Klaus returned with his pale adoptive son who couldn't seem to make it up the stairs, he entered his office with Pogo right behind.

"Sir? Are you all right?" Pogo asked. Reginald didn't answer and just pulled out his book and wrote, 'Beware the fire haired one and her sister,' under 'Number Four'. He looked back at Pogo who had read what he wrote and simply said nothing. He knew Reginald had met two people that had startled him, like they knew something that only Reginald knew.

Klaus was shakingly smoking another joint when the glitch hit. "Will you finally answer me?" Ben asked. It had been a week since the incident and what Klaus had said to startle him so much. Klaus nodded and motioned him to ask, so Ben decided to ask the other thing first since it had been on his mind too, "You said I had two souls, what do you mean?"

Klaus took another hit before he answered, "I mean that yes, you attached yourself to me. But the fact that I can still see you even if I am high is that you have two souls working together. Your second soul was why you died. That soul belongs to the thing in your chest," Ben looked back at him wide eyed, now that he thought about it, he could feel it, it just wasn't acting as crazy as it was before, "I can see how someone died, you never were willing to accept and bond with the creature to allow you two to work together. Yes, that could partly be because of Reggie but it's also because of you. Best way I could describe you is as Bruce Banner. He has the Hulk but he hated the Hulk so the Hulk acted out. The Hulk out does him because he's not out much and feels neglected and forces Bruce into his own mind having no clue as to what happened. He resented Hulk and called it a monster even though it was the one who saved his life multiple times. You have the same thing, you call it a monster but it's helped you so many times when we had these missions. Now that you're dead you still somehow feel whole, the other being is making its presence known and you've unknowingly accepted it, the problem is working with it, you need a happy medium—and if you even think about making a pun, I know how to punch a ghost," he ended his explanation with a sarcastic smile.

Ben checked the time and saw he only had fifteen minutes left, "Why were you thrown into a mausoleum?" Klaus froze for a second, he took another hit of his joint before answering, "All our other dear siblings wonder what I have to do for my "training" cause they never see me. I get thrown into a mausoleum, a dark, enclosed, cold, stone wall, place, and that is my training because supposedly it's supposed to get me over my fear of the dark and ghosts. If you don't see me for multiple days I'm not finding drugs like the rest of the asses think, it's because I was stuck in the mausoleum. I get put in there for multiple days as a punishment," Klaus revealed. Before Ben could process anything Klaus said, "Last question?"

Ben saw the alarm read 10:28pm and he quickly asked as Klaus was getting into bed, "What did you mean coming back to life sucks?"

Klaus turned his head to face the ghost from his curled up position, "It means I have another ability that Reggie doesn't know about, and that it's possible to die from shock," and he turns and falls asleep.

Ben could now process what he was told, what got to him the most at the moment was what he was told about himself. That monster was still with him?! As soon as that thought had hit him, he felt a rustling feeling in his stomach and he looked down and saw the tentacles were in fact pressing against the skin of his stomach, he felt a little offended. Then he realized and said quietly, "Am I feeling your emotions?" and felt a positive emotion come from that question. What he didn't see was the flaming haired woman and her sister heard the one sided conversation and shared a smile before leaving their new note. Ben also didn't see the smile Klaus had on his face thinking he couldn't hear him.