Chapter Five

Over the next month, Ben was working on his relationship with the thing in his chest. He didn't quite know what to call it, it was just referred to as the 'Tentacles', but he was working on it. Klaus had seemed so adamant that he did that, Ben didn't know why, but he knew Klaus was serious about it. So he did it.

"Just a suggestion," Klaus spoke up quietly, they were outside at the moment, Klaus grabbing his usual note from Cosmina. The note had confirmed Klaus' thoughts; he knew it was true based off what he knew of Mina's abilities. "Try to work on touching things physically, but so Reggie doesn't get on my ass about things moving; focus on touching an object during the glitch or outside. Or even try touching me. If you are determined enough and you do it than then try to get them to do it to," he whispered. If Ben could touch physical things, then he could get to working with his tentacles to get them to touch things too. He had been getting better at feeling the being in his torso but he had been struggling to summon it. When he was alive he dealt with the opposite, he struggled keeping it in. He will admit that Klaus was right, he had been fighting it too much that it rebelled against him and it led him to die.

After another month had passed, Ben was stunned that he could touch the tree, he had been outside and he touched the tree. Klaus had witnessed him rest his hand against the tree and tried not to look stunned so he didn't catch the attention of somebody else, but Ben knew he was surprised and happy. During that day's glitch, Klaus spotted him try to pick up the ball that Klaus uses to levitate and concentrate. "Don't try so much at first, and don't get frustrated if it doesn't work. You're still a ghost, you're on limited energy," Klaus reminded him. Ben had getting frustrated because after his little breakthrough, he was excited to try more, but Klaus brought back the reality that he was actually a ghost and he had limited energy.

Ben kept progressing with his abilities, eventually he felt the determination of the being in his stomach and could get it to come out. He was figuring out how to summon his tentacles and to work with it. After another month, he had gotten better at touching things and he managed to pick up Klaus' ball a little bit. He had managed to get the tentacles out, and he could feel them touching the tree he had started out touching.

Ben had been wandering around that day when Klaus hurried past him to his room. After ignoring Luther's bitter comments about Klaus and drugs (that may or may not have made his tentacles want to come out and attempt to strangle Luther since the being had been thankful for making Ben connect with it), he hurried to follow him. He noticed Diego sneak out and follow him, Vanya just watching in concern. Diego and Vanya had noticed Klaus space out before noticing his raspy breathing. Klaus had started sweating, skin getting clammy, as he hurried past. Diego and Vanya never actually witnessed what he looked like when high, they only had seen him smoke a joint. While Diego didn't really care for Vanya, he had given a look silently saying he would follow. After all, Diego knew about a hidden ability Klaus had that he was sure had occurred and he hoped Reginald had been distracted by it.

"Klaus?" Ben called, just as Diego had entered the room also calling, "Klaus?"

They both heard vomiting and Klaus vomiting in the corner of his room, they both were also stunned seeing the specks of blood in the vomit. Diego was going to go call for their mom but Klaus stopped him, seeing his eyes flash briefly somewhere else. When Diego couldn't see anything, he made the assumption that he had been right and Klaus had a vision. Ben on the other hand did see somebody; a woman was apologizing to Klaus profusely figuring out that he was experiencing what she felt. Ben had seen the blood in the woman's mouth and kept note of that. He also kept notice about Klaus' raspy breathing and how the woman seemed to have been stabbed in the chest. Ben's next surprise was when he went to stand by his sickly brother's side and put a hand on his shoulder, attempting to squeeze it, and he did it! He actually did it! Of course Klaus jumped as a result, startling Diego, but he let it go when Klaus waved him off.

When the glitch hit, Klaus had been writing a letter, Ben was trying to find out what he was writing and what had happened earlier. "What happened earlier?" he finally asked. Klaus at the moment had been shirtless and Ben could see some healing welts, was looked like to be where the woman had been stabbed. Klaus held up a finger and finished his letter, throwing it outside, and turned to Ben, "One of my abilities that I don't really care for is I get visions of certain people when they die and I see how it happened and what they experienced. I don't like it because it gives me nightmares as it's normally at night, but on occasion it hits me during the day. I get the after affects of what they experienced," Klaus revealed.

Ben's eyes widened, "Wait so that woman is what you felt. Those welts are where she was stabbed?" he asked.

"Yeppers, and she was vomiting blood, that was fun although it was vomit I actually threw up with a little bit of blood, I still experienced it happen to her," Klaus said sarcastically, "And that's the only ability that I keep hidden that somebody other than you, Cosmina, and Lila know," he adds.

"Who knows? Wait—Diego, he knows?" Ben asked. Klaus nodded before taking a deep breath, well as much as he could with his painful chest. "Diego experienced it happen," he said.

"When?" Ben asked. He didn't think he was going to like the answer though.

"Let's just say, that's how I know your tentacles rebelled against you," he said. Ben's jaw almost dropped from shock, Klaus experienced his death?!

A block over, Cosmina held a smile. "What?" Lila asked.

"Ben's still on the right track, I still see Klaus outside waiting for us," Cosmina said.

"Really?!" Lila responded in excitement.

Cosmina softly smiled back, "Yes, and Klaus is starting to open up to someone other than us."

 (A/N: UPDATE INFORMATION: If you didn't see form the last things I updated, please check my message wall for information)