𝗶. landlines & ballet

ᴠɪᴄᴛᴏʀɪᴏᴜs s1 ᴇᴘ2  -  ɴᴇᴡ ɢɪʀʟ s4 ᴇᴘ4

ᴠɪᴄᴛᴏʀɪᴏᴜs s1 ᴇᴘ2 - ɴᴇᴡ ɢɪʀʟ s4 ᴇᴘ4

"𝗹𝗮𝗻𝗱𝗹𝗶𝗻𝗲𝘀 𝗮𝗻𝗱 𝗯𝗮𝗹𝗹𝗲𝘁"

"Doc? I can't hear you. Are you there?" André asked.

"Dré? Hello? André?" Doc called through the phone. Pulling the device away from her ear, she inspected it through squinted eyes. With a frustrated huff, the brunette stomped out of the bathroom. Her dog, Bartholomew trotted behind her happily.

Walking briskly into Nick's room, Doc crawled onto her brother's bed and stood up next to the window. "Dré? Can you hear me now?" Nick let out a loud groan as the Bernese jumped on him.

"Yeah, I can you hear now," André said in response. "What's going on over there? You're service was bad yesterday too."

Doc sighed, "They're building next door; the reception here is crap now."

"Hey!" Nick called from below her. Looking down in irritation at her brother, Doc widened her eyes in response. "My room is not for your phone calls, Lee. And Bart, my stomach is not your bed!"

Pulling the phone away from her ear, Doc glared at her brother, "Don't 'Lee' me, Nicholas! You're always in my space!"

"Because your bed is comfortable!"

"My room is barely a room! So when you're in there, where am I supposed to be?"

As the two Miller siblings continued back and forth, Coach entered the room. "The stick, man! Red or blue! Hello? No, not brick — stick!"

Nick groaned as Doc extended her hand to Coach, the tall man took it and stood on the bed next to her. All the while, continuing their conversations.

Jess came scurrying into the room just a second later. "Yeah, now we have no reception. Hello, sir?" Jess called as she stood on the bed, stepping over Nick.

"No more phone calls, people. Get outta my room!" Nick said, exasperated.

Coach gave Nick a side eye and shook his head. "This is the only place we get reception, man, you know that."

"Dré, I'm starting ballet today, right? That's what Lane said."

André sighed, "Nope. It got changed to tomorrow; whole mess of the schedule cause of the new semester."

Doc squinted at her phone before placing it back against her ear, "What?"

Coach and Jess's conversations overlapped with Doc's. The reception was better in Nick's room, but not by much.