Prologue

March 24, 2020,

Around 7:30 pm IST,

"Meera pa!, come here soon or else you will miss the addressing. Meera switch the TV on not a minute to be wasted!" Said Latha yelling and talking at the same time. Prime Minister was addressing the nation about the pandemic which had apparently begun and countries all over the world were slowly imposing restrictions. "It has started ! Amma , Appa... come soon!" yelled Meera from the hall as Latha and Manian rushed in and settle themselves on the couch ."Hope its good news." murmured Manian as the addressing begun. "Dear brothers and sister of our country ..."* it begun. The speech was received with mild excitement and slight worry in the household. "Amma , then will schools be shut?" asked a heavily excited Meera ."Oh no! apparently students of eight grade must go to school" said Manian with a mock serious voice "Appa..." Whined meera."21 days? What About essentials? and being at home? finally I can clean the whole house peacefully and slowly." said Latha formulating plans which would slowly be opposed and accepted.

April 14, 2020

Around 11 am IST

"What do they mean be extending the lockdown?" screeched Meera as another speech was given by the prime minister about the pandemic and lockdown ."Shut up Meera!" yelled Latha "Don't be so selfish . Just because you cant get your birthday dress it doesn't mean to put so many lives on danger." "Why aren't dresses an essential? " Meera whined again ."Its ok kiddo...wear that dress you bought for Diwali last year....i haven't seen you wear that for some time" Said Manian soothingly as Meera immediately sat up and started making plans for her birthday.

May 12,2020

Around 9 pm IST

"I think this is how life is going to be" said Latha in a low voice as the household absorbed the speech from the prime minister again. Another extension of lockdown.

It was all still new to them. In fact not only to them but to the whole world. It was like a recipe for disaster. Little did they know that this was just the beginning.

A/N: The Italics in the middle is the time frame. The bold italics are shouting or loud voices. The (*) was the very first lockdown speech given by prime minister of India , originally in Hindi.

A/N (2) : this is my very first story on Wattpad. Your comments and suggestions are very valuable to me.