Ch. 1

Gasping for air, Sage snapped her eyes open and sat up quickly in her bed. "Fuck me." She groaned when she noticed the time. It was nearly 7:30 and she had to be at the train station at 8:30 before she was left behind.

She flung the covers off of herself before getting up and dressed. She wore a tight black long sleeved shirt tucked into some mom jeans, pulling an oversized graphic tee on top and black converse on her sock clad feet. Today was the day she would for her 6th year of hogwarts. Not that she knew what to expect. She'd been homeschooled by her aunt in Australia years prior and this was her first year in a real school. Grabbing her trunk and her crow, Lilith, she left the room and ran downstairs to greet her dads. "Hey pops, hey dad." She smiled at them and sat down to enjoy her jam toast and chamomile tea.

"Almost ready pup?" Sirius smiled at her and she nodded, "just going to do my makeup and hair and we will be good." Remus looked at her from across the table, "better get going love, it's almost time." He winked. Sage finished her breakfast and ran upstairs to the bathroom. Brushing through her shaggy brown and purple hair she admired the way she looked in the mirror. You see, sage never really liked the way she looked, but now she had filled out. She brushed her teeth and completed her makeup. 

She felt more like herself with her new septum piercing and heavy eyeliner, "Almost ready pup?!" Sirius yelled from downstairs. "Be right there." She yelled back. Smiling at herself once more she grabbed her purse and ran downstairs to meet her dads in the hall to the front door. "Ready?" Sirius and Remus said simultaneously. "As I'll ever be." She grinned back and took a deep breath as they apparated to kings cross.

——————————————————————-

Sage hugged her dads goodbye and sat her trunk and Lilliths' cage to be put in the back of the train and made her way to a compartment. She tucked her purse under her arm and opened the door to an empty compartment before sitting down. Placing her earbuds in her ears, she grabbed her phone from her jean pocket and shuffled her playlist. Sitting back and taking in everything around her, she smiled.

"Oi! Who are you?" A mousy haired guy asked her from the door of the compartment. Of course she couldn't hear with her music all the way up, so he made his way towards her and yanked her right earbud out of its place in her ear. "Oi, what the fuck." She yelled and turned to see who had disturbed her. "You're in my compartment." He sneered and she chuckled. "Doesn't have your name on it huh?" She challenged, putting her earbuds in and turning away from him.

He eventually left the compartment with a huff, two red haired giants that had permanent smirks plastered on their faces at all times, and a dark skinned boy with long dreads and a toothy smile were next to knock . "Who do we have here?" One of the gingers asked, placing himself next to her and peeking at her phone as she paused the song. "Good taste." He grinned when he saw that she was listening to Queen, one of his favourite bands. "Thanks I guess." She half smiled.

"What's your name?" He asked her and she turned towards him and extended her heavily ringed hand for him to shake, "Sage, Sage Lupin. But my friends call me Lou." He smiled at her at the familiar last name and opened his mouth to speak, "Fred Weasley." They let go of each others hand after a lingering second of eye contact and Fred cleared his throat. "This is Lee Jordan." He gestured over to the one with dreads and he smiled at her, extending his hand for her to shake. "And over there is my twin, George, Weasley of course." She nodded at George and he sent a wink her way that she was particularly fond of but wouldn't dare show it.

"So, I haven't seen too around Hogwarts before." Lee said as he pulled out a sucker and placed it in his mouth. "Yeah, I'm from Australia. Been home schooled all this time before my dad got custody of me again this summer." She shuffled uneasily in her seat at the thought of her aunt and the horrible things she had been through.  "That's why you sound weird." George concluded and she rolled her eyes. "Me? I don't sound weird." She challenged and he snickered, "well, I won't say I don't like your voice. But it's a bit.." he paused. "Different." Fred finished for him and they both nodded.