Where it all began....

"Honey, we are leaving. Come downstairs so we can have breakfast. Be quick darling".

I stretch my hands towards my alarm clock and the time reads" 6.30 am". I mean who wakes up at this time of the day to leave their only kid at home and go for some business trips? That would only be my parents, Mr. and Mrs. Brown. The only selfish parents alive on the planet.

My parents are so bad at parenting. All they care about is their wealth and power in the society. I may possess everything I want and need as a child but my parents care, love, and support? Something that I hate to think about. However, there's nothing I can do in that regard because it's in their DNA and can't be screened out. I wonder who paired them together in holy matrimony. That pastor or reverend committed the worst mistake ever in history. Huh!

Friday is a non-negotiable day for bullies all around the college. I dread Fridays and wish it was erased from the calendar till I'm out of college. It's a day I feel so reluctant to get up from bed and do what I need to do for the day. It's a day I get most tired and stressed out.

I got bullied because I didn't have friends in college. They call me all sorts of names. Is it a crime to stay without friends? Well, it is in my college. Plus the course I picked, is some weird ass course which causes stare for my kind of person. Psychology. Who the hell studies this? Only a weirdo.

Soon I hear a buzz on my phone. "Who calls people so early in the day?". I say under my breath, stretching toward my phone which is laid out across my reading lamp. I pick up the phone and it's an unusual caller or should I say annoying caller?

"It's Josh. Such ill luck on a day like this. Why is he calling me this early? Eww. Is there any good tale on Fridays?".

"Hello, Mat. Good morning". A voice came from the other end.

There I was looking disgustingly into my screen and forgot to reply to the salutations from the nincompoop.

" Hello, Martha. Are you there? "

"Yeah, hello Josh". I managed not to sound rude.

" I'm sorry did I trouble your sleep?".

"Obviously. What is the matter, Josh?". I say without any enthusiasm.

" Oh wow. I'm sorry for waking you up so early. Do you have any lectures today?".

"Yeah, I do. What's up?".

"Oh nothing. Just wanted to ask if you'll do me the honors of accompanying me for Durella's birthday bash. It will be fun going with you. Please, Martha".

" Josh, I don't attend parties. I've told you countless times that I prefer my company so I'm sorry I can't come with you. I don't want anyone making jest of me. So go have fun and I'll be here".

" Hey, Mat. Please don't be like this.......

"Josh, I guess that would be all. Take care and bye for now". Then I hit the red button. Pathetic son of the earth.

I wonder why I wasn't rude to Josh. I don't know why I don't like him or maybe it's because he isn't the one I love. Regardless, Josh is a very cute boy. With his skin as dark as my favorite chocolate cream. He has the cutest little eyes ever. Ferdinand's eyes are damn cute but not as little as Josh's. Josh is very intelligent, smart, and a great conversationalist. But I have a better option and wouldn't go south on my decision.

Oops, I just let the cat out of the bag. I'll tell you more about Ferdinand who has struck my heart.

I would have loved to attend the bash but I don't want to be bullied by those gangsters. Plus I don't want to feel lost in the crowd. Maybe I should go have fun. It won't hurt especially now that my parents would be out of town. Or I may as well organize a party in my house but who's going to attend as I got no friends. Ugh! Ain't I so pathetic and lonely? Maybe not.