Ch 2 'Casting Call' Pt.2 (New Version)

When I make it in to the building, I take the elevator to the 8th floor were Fresh Face Management shared the floor with an entertainment law firm. It was your typical white washed hallway with the feeling of emptiness that is until you walk into the office space; Fresh Face Management looked back at me in bold black letters. The number 801 sitting under it, I grab the brace doorknob, turn it and push the door open. The first person that greets me is the lovely assistant that Stella hired about five months ago. Kristy--or the blonde bombshell as many of the male models signed with Stella call her--looks at me with a big smile on her face. "Hello Mr. B."

"Kris, you don't have to call me Mr. B." I lean up against the receptionist desk top.

"I know, but it shows professionalism and I really need this job. So, being on my best behavior is a must."

I half smile, and look in to her bright green eyes, "I understand, but Mr. B makes me feel old. I prefer you call me Alec."

Kristy smiles politely while she reaches for the phone, "Would you like me to page Mrs. Brayer's and tell her you are here to see her?" She asks as she's already paging Stella.

"Yes please, I really need to talk to her."

"Okay ..."

While I wait, I grab my cell-phone and begin looking through my emails. There is nothing spontaneous, mostly this month's schedule that Stella had emailed me so I can stay on track. I also had a text message from my mother asking me to call her when I get a chance; and I wonder if it had to do with Jessica. My brother Mike had called me three times, and already I'm growing suspicious of all the persistent calls, and text.

"She will see you Mr. ... I mean, Alec." Kristy says as she bats her eyelashes and lowers her gaze slightly, as her cheeks grow a rosy color of red.

"Thank you Kris." I push off the desk top and head to the back to Stella's office. I past the nice waiting area that was composed of white leather lounge chairs, nice floral arrangements of a mixture of white magnolias and lavender, and the vintage brick wall with all of the pictures of the models Fresh Face represents. I continue walking past the waiting area and towards her office door. I knock lightly on the door with the knuckle of my index finger to announce myself, and then push it open.

"Good morning." Stella says, pushing her chair back, and getting up to meet me half way. As always my boss looked exceptional in her crème colored sheer blouse, and red pencil skirt and pearl colored heels. "This is a lovely surprise." She leans in and gives me a hug.

"Likewise," I reply as we pull away from our embrace. "So, how have things been going?" I ask her.

"Busy, but you already know that since you're always the cause of it." And we both chuckle, "how was Germany?"

"It was amazing. You know how I feel about exploring different cultures." I explain as I take a seat and she sits next to me. "And you, Tim had explained you guys had booked a vacation for Paris before I left."

Stella smooth's out the wrinkles forming on her skirt; then she adjusts her wristwatch so the face would be facing towards the ceiling, "We had to cancel, Edward and Ben both were booked in London. So, we had to head out that way because of a mix up thanks to my new assistant. Honestly, she is so forgetful and it's really irritating me," Stella takes a deep breath, shakes her head and adds, "I think I might need to replace her because of it."

"I thought you said she was wonderful." I lean back on the sofa.

Stella shrugs her shoulders. "At first, but now she's always coming in late and you know how I hate tardiness. She's already made three major mix up's with clients that I can't afford to have miscommunication with. Mix-ups cost me money and that is money I don't have. This business requires reliable people and she's just not cutting it."