𝟯𝟭. falling for you

𝟯𝟭. falling for you
sᴏɴɢ: ᴅᴀɴᴄᴇ ʙᴀʙʏ

┆ ° ♡ • ➵ ✩ ◛ ° ┆

the books that fluttered lightly through her fingertips, as her converse grip to the ladder beneath her.

one hand holding the the support of the cool metal that burned at her palm, and the other hand slithered along the leather that each book caressed.

her blonde hair that had grew out, held behind her back in the small dutch braids kiara and had placed in her hair the night before.

and the apron tightly hugging her body, almost squeezing the girl to death as she felt the dents dig into her waist leaving temporary markings on her flesh.

"careful" a voice calls up to the girl making her roll her eyes
"you might fall, little layla" his voice makes her green eyes look down at him smug figure.

"please, i never fall" she calls back down to him, grasping a book and pulling it out of the top shelf before placing it under her arm and stepping down off the ladder.

step by step

"that's what they all say, then next thing you know...you've got two broken legs" jackson smiles as he holds his hand out for the blonde girl to grab as she jumps from the ladder landing on the flooring.

"ha, ha." she mocks shaking her head before turning around and heading towards the till

"not saying i don't like your presence, but why are you in here?" the girl asks sliding under the wooden side door before standing behind the till.

placing the book on the table before turning her head up to watch the boy stand in front of her.

"well, elliot's at work right now and i have no friends...except you" he smiles throwing a wink making the girl lean in her hands as her elbows held her weight.

"how is elliot?" she asked with a smirk on her soft lips as the boy used his hand to push her elbow making her head bounce in reflex.

"he's...elliot?" jackson responded making layla chuckle before hopping over the desk and walking towards the door of the small library that rested on the outside of the island.