𝟯𝟰. lying in the wrong arms

» treehouse «

┆ ° ♡ • ➵ ✩ ◛ ° ┆

When her eyes connected with the moonlit sky, the stars that twinkled around like little grains of sand.

There was a reason why the girl had fallen for the moon.

It never asked her questions, or begged her for answers she quite possibly didn't know.
And she never had to prove herself to the moon that shone so bright before her.

The moon just sat there, breathing, shining, and in most ways humans can't understand - it was listening.

And while her eyes were so special, as they made the waves feel like glass.
The moon just stared into the eyes of her soul, so envious about her ability to survive under such desolate darkness.

And yet being so similar to the moon that rose every darkened night.
She had a side of her so dark, that even the stars couldn't shine on it; she had a side of her so cold, that even the sun couldn't burn on it.

Because there she sat, on the edge of the moon. Wrapping herself in a blanket of stars and catching every comet as it flew by.

Taking the image of a young girl, that embodied the cosmos in all of its infinite glory; waiting on someone to see her for what she truly was.

All she wanted him to do, was to love her at her darkest moments.
But he couldn't.

Just like she couldn't his.

┆ ° ♡ • ➵ ✩ ◛ ° ┆

"Look, it was right here, and this is where that maniac claimed his next victim" Kiara explained her hand gesturing to the ground.

"Uh-huh" Sheriff nodded before gliding his pen across the paper of his notepad.

Layla had only just arrived a few moments ago after getting a ton of messages from JJ telling her to get to their location as quick as she could.