Chapter 72

Chaos broke out amongst the red haired youth's companions when they saw his body. It was cold and lifeless. Almost as if he was dead. The sight devastated the children emotionally and they had to be escorted by both the assassins in an attempt to calm them down. They knew the kids had definitely misunderstood. If things weren't explained to them soon, they may start destroying things due to their unstable emotions.

After a couple hours, they managed to convince them that their guardian was in fact alive and that his divine form was with the Gods at the moment. They said he was unwell and needed more in depth treatment that mortals could not provide. This upsets the second youngest the most. He shouts at them in frustration.

"If anything happens to Papa, then I'll destroy the world before killing myself!"

His declaration disturbed the adults a lot. How could a child who was barely older than a toddler threaten to end his own life like this? It bothered them a lot more than the statement regarding the destruction of the planet. Honestly, if the God of Love died, the other Gods would probably punish them for it themselves. That was far more terrifying than a dragon's wrath.

"Raon-nim, please calm down. Your father would be very hurt if he heard you talking like that."

With a gentle smile, the butler wiped the boy's tears from his quaking dark blue eyes. It was obvious that he was distressed by the sight he had witnessed. Stroking his black hair, the older man hugged him in an attempt to comfort him. His brown eyes could see the youngest sobbing uncontrollably in the White Wolf's arms. How could they comfort them? Why did the young master and his children have to suffer so much? Was there nothing they as adults could do to stop their pain? Were they really that helpless right now?

A knock came from the door and they turned to see the violet haired man. He had a sympathetic look on his face. Gingerly, he approached the baby dragon and knelt down in front of him. The mana around him was still fluctuating dangerously.

"My lady has asked me to check on all of you. She has reassured me that your father is indeed alive. They say that he is presently in a semiconscious state due to the Cursed One. Apparently one of his followers managed to approach the young master while he was vulnerable in the capital. The Gods are presently keeping him in the celestial realm in order to locate the link that is enabling the God of Despair to manipulate his records. They ask that you all try and be patient. It would only hurt your father more if you all fell into despair too. Okay?"

Sniffling, a look of rage fills the black haired child's eyes.

"I'll kill that bastard God of Despair! How dare he hurt Papa!"

"Bastard! Bastard!"

All three of the adult's faces paled in horror when they heard the youngest duo's language. They knew the green haired one was just repeating his hyung's words, but it didn't make it any better.

"Raon-nim."

The older man knelt placed a hand on the boy's shoulders while he addressed the dragon with a firm tone. He planned to talk to the redhead about this later. Once the dark blues met his gaze, he smiled benignly and explained.

"That word is a very bad word. It's not something a child should ever say. Even if you hear an adult swear, you must never repeat them. Understand?"

"But-"

An unrelenting look was in the butler's browns. It reminded him of the conversation he had with his guardian prior to the banquet. Was he really not allowed to say it? His Papa said it a lot though. It's not like he said the other naughty words.

Sulking, the boy apologized to the adults. A hand smoothed out his hair before going over and retrieving the youngest of the group into his arms.

"While we wait for your father to recover, why don't we have dinner and go to bed. Don't forget you'll all be restarting lessons again tomorrow."