Akira Hayama x Reader: I Can't Believe You

It was a couple days after the Moon Banquet Festival at Totsuki Academy and you were currently at the Shiomi Seminar along with Professor Shiomi and Akira. While you were working on some spice combinations with Professor Shiomi, Akira was in another room of the Shiomi Seminar having some conversations with the some of the sponsorships. 

While in the separate room with your professor you two were having a small conversation about Akira. "So (y/n)... you and Akira have been getting really close lately. It seems that you too have a really good friendship," you hear your professor say while looking down and mixing some spices together. 

"Really? You think so?" You ask in response, questioning the statement she has just made. 

"Yeah. Or are you more than just friends?" She replies while having a cheeky smirk on her face. 

You started getting really flustered and your face was getting really red. "What no! It's nothing like that! Where did you even get that idea?" You ask while covering your face in embarrassment. 

"I just noticed how close you two have been getting. I've even noticed on how you two look at each other whenever you two are in the same room," your professor replies while thinking really hard. 

"Professor Shiomi... Akira and I are just really good friends, and we just seem to enjoy cooking with each other. It's nothing special anyway. I highly doubt he could fall for anyone like me," you say to her, but with a disappointed tone.  

"Don't say that (y/n). Just by the way how Akira looks at you, I can tell that he loves you," she says, causing you to blush.

Trying to avoid the subject you decided to look for Akira. "I think I'm going to check up on Akira," you say while getting up from your spot.

"Good luck (y/n)! I'll be rooting for you!" Your professor says while giving you a cheeky smile.

You walk to the room that Akira's in and when you make it to the door you could hear him arguing on the phone. And when he finished that's when you opened the door.

"Hey Akira," you say quietly trying to calm him down. "You seem mad. Did something happen?"

"Oh (y/n)," Akira looked at you with relief and started to calm down. "Nothing happened at all. You don't need to worry,"

"Are you sure? You seem pretty angry though," you say while wretching out to grab his shoulder. But instead he pulls away.
"If you're not happy you can just tell me and we could talk about it,"

"Everything is fine (y/n)!" Akira yelled. Turning his back to you. "Just go back working on some spice combinations with Jun!"

"Akira..." You started to tear up after hearing him yell at you.

Akira heated the change in your voice and started to calm you down. He wiped your tears away and walked back to the room where you and Professor Shiomi were working on spice combinations.

--

"What?" You question him with disbelief. "What do you mean that you're a member of the Ten now?"

"I became a member of the Ten for you and Jun," Akira said giving you the cold shoulder. "I want you to keep continuing your research at the Shiomi seminar,"

"Yeah but still! Akira it doesn't matter! As long as we get to cook together at Totsuki that would make me the happiest!"

"I'm sorry (y/n). I just want to hand Jun to be safe as possible," Akira replies again, having his voice sound so deep with disparity.

"Akira... Your not like the Akira I know. What happened to you?" You started to look at him with tears streaming down your face.

Instead Akira didn't answer your question and just ignored. After that you found out that he was going along with Central and the Azami administration. Leaving you no chances to talk to Akira at all. You even found out that he became the number 9 seat on the Ten after some Shokugekis that have just recently happened.

Akira was no longer the same. You soon realized that after becoming part of the Azami administration, he started to get really sad. And later lost himself, along with getting caught in the storm.

--

Soon after it was time to the Totsuki Second year advancement exams for the first years that attend Totsuki Academy. Before finding out about the Advancement exam, you thought about joining the Rebels, but because of the fact that Akira was now a member of the Ten it would be a bad idea and could get you expelled for sure. Even so you still attended the Advance exam despite the fact you were against the Azami Administrations. 

During the Advancement exam in Hokkaido you found yourself alone with no one to talk to. You were finished with the Third exam and currently walking through the big city to sightsee. You were busy sightseeing until you felt your phone ring. It was your Professor calling you from the Shiomi Seminar. When having a conversation on the phone with her you were told about a match going between Akira and Soma. 

If Soma won that battle against Akira he would be able to stay in Hokkaido and finish off the Advancement exam. If he didn't win then Soma would get expelled from school as well. After finishing up the conversation you had with Professor Shiomi, you even asked her if you could go meet up with her and Gin Dojima to talk with Akira. And to even watch the match between him and Soma. 

After meeting up with Gin Dojima in Hokkaido before the match between Akira and Soma you have asked him if you could assist Soma with the dish that he is preparing. Simple reason was because you wanted Akira to realize that he has become a different person after becoming a member of the Ten. And to know what kind of person really became. You missed him and you wanted the real Akira back. 

When helping Soma with the Bear dish he was creating you told him about the different techniques that he could use to get rid of the awful stench of the bear. And even gave him some pointers on what Akira would use for the Bear dish. Even Terunori Kuga was there to help him as well. 

And thus the day of the match was finally here. 

--

It was the end of the match between Soma and Akira. And just as you hoped, Soma was the Victor. After realizing that Akira has lost, you and Professor Shiomi stood right in front of him. Looking at you two with such disbelief. 

"Jun. (y/n). You're here," the white haired boy said with disbelief. 

Instead of saying a word you slapped him across the face, trying not to look at him. Then he started to see tears streaming down your face. "Akira! You idiot!" You yelled at him with anger and rage. 

"(y/n)..." 

"Akira. I can't believe you. Do you know how worried I've been about you?" You asked him with a straight face. "You could've told me the truth you know," You started to cry even more.

That was when Akira put one of his hands on your cheek, and started to wipe the tears off your face. "I'm sorry that I didn't talk to you about anything," 

Instead of saying a word back you fell into his arms. Hugging him tightly and crying into his shoulder. Unexpectedly Akira hugged you back. "Don't ever keep secrets away from me ever again! You got that!" You cried to him while sobbing him into his shoulder. 

"I promise a situation like this will never happen again. I promise," He replied with a relief. 

"Thank goodness your okay. I really worried me out there," you said to Akira while letting go of him. 

After letting go of Akira you two look at each other in the eyes and then unexpectedly he kissed your forehead and patted your head, making you smile again. For once in a long time he returned to his normal again. He was finally the Akira you knew and loved. 

Soon after you found out that Akira got expelled from Totsuki after losing that battle between him and Soma. Him getting expelled from Totsuki also meant that you also got expelled because you were also a memeber of the Shiomi Seminar. Not only that, but also because you helped Soma with the battle that happened between him and Akira. 

Overall you, Akira and Professor Shiomi  put all of your faith in Soma and the other Rebels after finding out about the Regimental Food War. Shortly after you and Akira started officially dating and decided to work together in helping the Rebels beat the Elite Ten in the Regimental Food War.