1 Silver and Gold: Who I was.

Silver and Gold: The original story of how Loki and Nuya met, the origin story of their friendship.
Every chapter with "Silver and Gold:" labelled in the title will be part of the mainstream story. Otherwise it is one of the bonus "imagine" chapters.
(Please excuse any grammatical or spelling errors since majority of the chapters are modified on a phone)
~0~

The way buildings towered over me was unfamiliar, it used to be palm trees. However, I wasn't in the tropics anymore.
I knew the S.T.A.R.K. tower was only a few blocks down, and I pressed my forehead against the window in the cab back seat.
I didn't know whether I dreaded this or not.

I hadn't seen my godfather Tony Stark in what was getting close to a decade. I was 21 now, and had built a huge new life for myself after enduring everything from my childhood. I had written a new chapter of my life and this time it didn't feel like this was a new chapter - it felt like a new book entirely.
Like I'd thrown away my old story as a whole to embrace something completely new.

I was the adopted daughter of Eric Colkson, who people dressed in a pretty, perfect image.
He was simply a very talented, successful lawyer who struck it rich and people glorified it to hell and back.

Eric had just so happened to be best friend with the infamous Tony Stark, the man I was going to see right now in present day.

My name is Nuyeva, but I go by Nuya since I can't understand why someone would choose a name for their child that is as complicated as "Nuyeva." So really I should say my name is Nuya.

Eric told me that he found me on a beach one day, right after he thought he saw a comet or a 'shooting star.' There had been strange energy around where I was found and it didn't seem like someone else had left me there. He and I both assumed I fell out of some random hole in the sky.
It made no sense but there was nothing else to make of it.

He never told anyone else about that. People seemed surprised when he adopted a child out of nowhere but he managed to make it seem legal, inconspicuous and easy. He avoided documentation for me as much as possible, so I had no birth certificate, no adoption paperwork, and everything else that would come along with it.
In recent years I've filled the gaps by creating forgeries, I barely even know some of the information so I made a lot of it up.
I've always known Eric had figured out how to dodge paperwork and legal documents for me - somehow - I suppose being a lawyer he would know exactly where loopholes in the law were.

After I was in his life, people began to spread news and "feel-good stories" over how Eric treated me as a princess. They added me to his sweet public image and used our "father-daughter" bond as a muse for the media. As Eric's publicity came in waves, so did the sugarcoating of how incredible our lives were.

Parenting was never meant to be easy, and since Eric has always been single - I didn't have a mother figure. He was busy, and now a single parent. So occasionally he would ask a favour of Tony to help him out, as friends do, and look after me from time to time. That was when I was small.

After Tony became my Godfather and more of a secondary parent, Eric began to act strange. With Tony watching me, he was out of the house longer or spent more time avoiding us because it seemed less necessary for him to be around. Tony trusted him, but once both of them got wound up in their excessive money making, I realized what was happening with Eric.

He has slowly been slipping away into alcoholism and had been trying his best to keep it from Tony and I. Suddenly, when Tony got busier, Eric just worked from home and began to drink more often.

He always did it in such a way that no one but me would ever witness his drunken states. Soon enough, Tony stopped coming over because of business, and Eric became a violent drunk. Tony and Eric remained friends but the former never knew of the drinking problem.
Not even when I was being physically abused almost daily.