3 Silver and Gold: Who He Was

Credit to artist on this one, their signature should be visible on the artwork. 10/10

That night I had spent that last two hours talking with Loki, most of it was him asking me questions. No surprise there since I apparently knew a lot about his life considering it was either written down in documents, or perceived as myths to Earth inside Libraries. 

Our laughs filled the air, we had made ourselves a makeshift camp on the heli-pad, him leaning against the railing with his hands resting thoughtfully behind his head, and me laying on my stomach on the concrete platform. Kicking my feet, chin rested on my fingers, constantly shifting my gaze from his eyes to the bustle of the city. 

I was cracking jokes at the end of my responses, each of his questions was about my work and how I lived the way I did, constantly moving locations and all the different professions. "I must say Nuyeva... I thought I was a master with words but you definitely have begun to match me." he laughed, "how many more times do I have to say that you can call me Nuya?" 

He just looked at me with a sincere smile, no traces of mischief or malice behind that grin. He was actually happy, and it was shocking how quickly I had been able to make him feel comfortable. 

I love how during this entire conversation that he was never asked this, but here it came, out of the blue when I should have been expecting it: "so, you said you think you can relate to me... how so? It sounds like; based off what you've told me, your life has been incredibly successful and pleasurable." 

It made me gulp, not only was he starting to near the edge of paradise island and fall into my more personal, reserved topics, but he was also admitting to another thing. I already know that he didn't have a 'successful and pleasurable life' but hearing him make any indication about it only made my sorrow grow. 

"I may be young, but all of my hardships left after I engulfed myself into the business world. Not even 'left' per say, because all of my emotional dilemmas are still with me, I just try to ignore them." I couldn't look at anything while admitting that, squinting harshly even though my eyes were already closed. 

I could tell he was feeling mixed about this, and it felt fair to shed some light on the subject so he could better understand. "I don't know where I came from, Eric, the politician that Tony knew, isn't actually my father. He just found me, and decided to raise me, which was going fine until later on." The remorse was radiating off of him, it made me want to gag. I wondered if he could tell I felt bad for him and he didn't like it either. 

"Why? What did this Eric person do?" ouch. Cutting right to the chase, patience running thin I see. More reasons why he reminds me of myself. 

"He would drink, a lot. That's why I left the common room. The concept of alcohol is cursed in my brain, and part of it was, he would say very rash things. It hurt, he would scream and yell. About his job, having to raise me, that everything was a burden. Then he would cry and apologize and say he loved me... bullshit. Considering he only ever said 'I love you' under the influence."

I looked over to see his eyes widened, he clearly wasn't expecting me to say that. "Does the Tin man know of this?" He said it, clear concern soaking his words. I scoffed, "of course not, he told me not to tell, and somehow he managed to cover it up. The press never knew either, until people could clearly see in his work that something wasn't going right. It couldn't be the excuse 'he might be losing his touch,' no... that only is acceptable so many times. According to articles: he lost his job and went off grid right after I left." Loki's breathing was shallow.