Chapter 13

Chapter 13 | Sourly Bitter
__________

Y/n's POV

"I apologize for my daughters behalf, my lord." My mother says to the man sitting on her seat in her office, she didn't fail to give me a side glare but I remained composed under Naoya's eyes.

"I don't tolerate such behaviors like that, I thought you knew that by now, my lady." Naoya says directly at me and I bowed my head.

"I'm deeply sorry, I was j—

—Save your excuses, what's done is done. We need to proceed on the meeting because I don't have time to waste."

I sigh, my mother takes a seat on one of the chairs in front of us, and I followed not too long.

"My father will arrive here tomorrow, as well as my relatives, well chosen relatives." He announces.

"That's good, my husband and children are arriving tomorrow morning." My mother says making me turn my head towards her.

My siblings were finally going home, but the reason is not that great since I am fully against this marriage but as long as I see their faces and heartwarming hugs is enough for me to forget about everything.

As my mother and Naoya continued to talk with the marriage and all I was there sitting, drowning in my own thoughts.

"Daughter." My mother calls out making me snap my head up quickly with an alert face telling them that I was listenig.

"Yes?" I answered, I can hear Naoya scoff at my lousiness.

"Hurry and ready yourself for we will go out to town today." My mother said, standing up from her seat as she excused herself out and now leaving me both and Naoya alone inbher office.

I turned my head cautiously to Naoya and was ready to excuse myself out.

"My lady." He calls out.

"Yes, my lord?" I reply.

With that I see him standing up from his seat which I stood up on mine as well, he walked his way around the table to meet with me, I sucked in a breathe and was bracing myself for whatever was gonna happen.

"Do you think making me wait for half an hour is acceptable?" He says in a calm but very scary tone to me while he starts to bring his hand up to my face, I almost closed my eyes but I forced them open.

"I apologiz—

I flinched when he suddenly grabbed my chin harshly making me look straight up at him, I can see every detail of his face up close and yet his eyes was what caught my attention the most, it was deep and lifeless it made me close my eyes in fright.

"Look me in the eyes and apologize." He says in a very demanding voice.

I slowly opened my eyes only to be met by him close to me again, with trembling voice I answered, "I... I am sorry for what I did, my lord."

I said, tripping over my words but it was enough to satisfy the man in front of me, he lets go of my chin harshly and it made some of the hair on me fall down on my face, he scoffs and looks down at me with the same eyes that for sure was judging me.