Chapter 45

Chapter 45 | Forgiveness
___________

Y/n's POV

"I can't believe sister Sora would throw you under the carriage like that." Aoi says with disbelief lacing her tone as she takes a hold of my arm before gently caressing it.

We were now inside my old chamber, Naoya had excused himself to talk to my father in private to maybe sort a few things out, I was more than happy to see them willing to fix what was broken, I couldn't say the same to me and Sora's situation though.

"Me too, I know she's mad at me but did she really have to betray me?" I say, my tone coming out at fragile as I let another tear fall down from my eye, I squeezed my sister hand, seeking for comfort.

"Sister Sora is hard to understand since she doesn't really tell her feelings to anyone," Aoi says before bringing up her thumb to wipe away my tear, "But tell me sister, do you genuinely love the man you are seeing?"

I looked at my sister, her eyes that was so relaxing to look at, So many can agree with me that whenever they look at Aoi, they almost feel like all of their problems solved itself just by being mesmerized in her soft yet beautiful eyes.

"More than anything... but I can't be with him." I say in a fragile voice once more before a tear and another one falls down from my eyes.

Aoi sighs before she wraps her gentle arms around me in comfort, "It might be hard to be a child from this twisted family, but just remember that your freedom matters the most."

She tells me, it was as if she was the older sister here and I was the sister who just got her heart broken— which I did.

I was so tired, I just wanted to rest, just be in the arms of the man I call the love of my life.

"Oh Aoi, what do I do?" I say, burying my face more onto her chest as I sob.

She continued to rub my back in a comforting way, "Why don't you...

Run away with him?"

I remove my head from her chest, I looked at her as if she had grown two heads. How could she suggest something like that? But then again— maybe, I might reconsider, and Aoi wasn't the type of person to ever suggest such risky option, but it seemed to be the only one that can maybe save me from my situation right now.

"What about you, Riki and Sora? I would never just abandon you like that, and Naoya— he has done things that has helped me, what would he feel about this?" I say, my face furrowing as I began to fall into a ocean with doubts.

Aoi looks at me with a look of surprised, "Besides your question, I'm surprised you even think of sister Sora."

I shrug my shoulder at her, no matter what Sora does, or how much she twists the knife, she will still be the sister I love and care for.

"She's my sister, you're my sister, and also Riki— nothing can ever overcome the love I have for the three of you." I say before smiling at Aoi, she gives me a smile back.

*—Knock Knock

The knock against the shōji cuts the warm moment I had with Aoi, I excuse myself from Aoi.