☾1

365 days. Free stay.

Taehyung picked up a wet paper lying on the road and repeated one more time thinking he misread something.

Ah, they must be kidding, he thought to himself. Who would let someone live in their apartment for free? that too for 365 days? What a bullshit.

It was raining heavily that night. He stood alone outside of a closed store staring at the shut-down world. It felt like all the doors of this world has closed for him. There was no way to go. No way back to home.

Head on the suitcase, he fell asleep slowly. Leaving home is one of the hardest parts of our lives. This world is big, People live in groups, we call it, "Family". But are these families really living up to their name? Is it really necessary to share the same blood to be considered as a family? This and a lot of questions like this start troubling once you enter in your teenage years.

"Excuse me !!! Wake up !!! Why are you sleeping here??
Get up !!", The store owner yelled at him who was sleeping all curled up blocking the entrance of the store.

"Morning...already?...", Taehyung could barely see through his half-opened eyes as he murmured. It took a min for his vision to get clear. He yawned and looked around, realizing that he fell asleep on the footpath last night.

His hands reached for his suitcase only to find out that it was wide open and some of his clothes were missing.

What a day to begin with.

He looked at the owner and asked,
"Did you open this up?"

He woke up just to get kicked out again.

With nowhere else to go, he grabbed his luggage, stuffed the paper into his pocket, and left. He kept walking and walking until the hunger in his stomach became unbearable. The sun was up and the sky had cleared by the dawn. But his mind was clogged.

How'd you feel if you return home just to find out there's no one waiting for your arrival, no one's eyes gleam with just a sight of yours, as if you're invisible, as if you never existed. What would you have been doing then?

The sun was above his head yet he was feeling cold. The warmth outside couldn't beat the cold that had built inside. Was his absence even going to bother anyone?

He checked his wallet and there was barely any penny. Instead of eating, he chose to keep it for travel and continued walking. After an hour of a long walk, he spotted a garden and decided to rest for a while.

His stomach growled and the kid next to him giggled.

Playing with his ball, he said, "You should eat it's a sign"

"I can't", Tae whispered staring at the ground.

He laid down on the bench, staring at the blue sky. Just how the clouds were passing by, he wished,

This too shall pass.

Something that his late mother always believed every time his dad hit her after getting drunk.

They stayed mom....till the end. They never passed
but you.

Slowly, his eyes began to shut down. He wished not to wake up ever again.

"Hyung", A kid woke him up.

He offered his ball and asked, "Will you play with me?"

Taehyung took the ball from his hand and tossed it as far as he could while laying down.

"Do I look like your dog?", The kid frowned and ran to find out where it had gone.

As soon as he noticed someone sprinting towards him with his ball in their hands, he accelerated. The person was clearly angry. The ball must've hit him. He turned around and started running in the opposite direction.