☾5

"You're all done", The doctor said checking Jungkook's arm for the final time.

"Please don't tell my father", Jungkook said looking at him.

The doctor said with a smile,

"Don't worry, I got you"

Jungkook then rushed to find Taehyung. He thought he will go to the exit but instead, he went to the counter and paid for their fees.

Jungkook stared at him for a moment in awe. Taehyung turned around and caught him staring. He walked towards him and said,

"I have paid our fees but I will not buy you medicines. Get it on your own."

And now that everything was finally over he headed towards the exit. Jungkook went after him trying to match his pace with him.

"Why?", He asked looking at Taehyung attempting to walk alongside him.

Taehyung turned his face towards him to look at him for a brief moment before speaking out,

"Sung-ho was right", He said looking straight ahead without blinking.

"You're a complete nut"

With a puzzled expression on his face, Jungkook gazed at him.

"What did I do now?", He asked.

Taehyung sighed and asked,

"Do you still consider him as your best friend?"

Jungkook was instantly taken aback. The incident flashed before his eyes. He felt so betrayed. But more than that he felt abandoned remembering all those times they had spent together. After his grandmother's death, Sung-ho was the only person Jungkook believed was by his side. And today he realized that in reality, he was farthest.

But then he looked at Taehyung who was walking ahead. Strangely, looking at him it didn't feel like he was alone. Despite of him being a complete stranger he still risked to save his life. That moment his close ones felt so far and a stranger felt so close.

"Sorry", Taehyung turned around and said.

"We're equal now again"

The train of Jungkook's thoughts stopped and he looked up at Taehyung. Both standing at a distance from each other. Jungkook said,

"We have the same destination. Let's go before our underwear gets stolen"

They both giggled, Slowly realizing that it was the first time they'd seen each other smile like this.

"He doesn't look like one", Taehyung replied remembering the incident as guilt appeared on his face. He should've checked once before saying anything.

They started walking together eventually matching their steps.

His smile is beautiful.

Taehyung thought.

Taehyung opened the door, expecting to see Jimin and apologize, but he wasn't there. Jungkook went to sleep while Taehyung, on the other hand, waited for Jimin to return home. But that night he didn't return home. Taehyung fell asleep on the couch as he waited for him.

"Don't worry about me. Focus on your work", Jihyun said standing in front of Jimin who was on his knees.

He patted Jimin's head and smiled warmly, saying, "I know you can do it."

Jimin smiled and gave him a big hug. Knowing that there was still someone who had trust in him was so assuring.

"Make our mom dad proud. They are watching us", Jihyun said pointing to the stars in the sky.