Chapter 2: Do you not remember?

"Where is Ene-chan!!" He questions her like a little kid. "Where is she?!" He had a worried expression on his face.

Takane was shocked by the expression. He hadn't shown any emotions since the dan found him!

She knew one thing; he was getting his memories back."Konoha, it's me, Ene, or Takane."

She smiled at him hoping he could remember somehow. She never got to tell him how she felt. So she decided that since he doesn't even know who she is, she would say it. "Konoha, I-"

She was cut off by Konoha picking her up in the air by her shirt. "WHERE IS ENE?" He yelled at her with tears in his eyes. "I want her back!!! You may sound like her but you are not her!!"

"I assure you, I am Ene. Ask me any questions, even questions only she knows."
She struggled to not get choked by her confused and frightened friend.

"What is my favorite thing?" He asked, putting her down slowly.

"Easy, Negma!"

"What's Ene's favorite thing?"

She thought about this with care. What is my favorite thing? What have I said to him that he would think is my favorite thing? "My favorite thing is.." She paused still thinking.

"My favorite thing is..." Repeating herself "...is you!!!" Konoha was her best friend since Shintaro was an ass and never let her do anything fun. He never let her download games to play or even surf the web unless unnoticed. Kido was nice to hang out with but she never had anything that she could relate with her. Mary was nice but she mainly hung out with Seto. Seto liked to chat but he usually helped out the rest of the dan and was busy. Momo was too loud and she always wanted to talk. It was hard to enjoy her company. Kano, he almost ignored her and Hibya was always hearing Momo's stories. The only person who she could talk to was that tall, clueless albino who always listened to her, Konoha.

She never had anything she enjoyed besides hanging with her friends.

She smiled happily with what she said to him. "I-I don't know." He said staring at her.

She came closer to him trying to calm down the confused child. "I don't know Ene's favorite thing. What is Ene's favorite thing? Is it really I?"

"Ask me another question." She said confidently to her crying and confused friend.

"Who am I? What do I like and my friends?"

"Your friends are, Shintaro, Hibiya, Momo, Seto, Kido, Kano, Mary and me!" Takane said smiling trying to make him at ease.

"What do I like?"

"You don't like this you love it, Negma! You also like snow!" She remembered how Haruka was always staring at snow looking peaceful and so does Konoha.

"Yes I do like snow.Who are your friends?"

"Same friends as you but, I have you as a friend and also Haruka!" Saying that name made her want to hug anything tall, warm and comforting. She saw Konoha still having tears in his eyes as if in disbelief. She decided to hug the albino.

Just like Haruka, he was warm, tall, comforting and cute. She looked up at her tall friend and smiled at his crying, soft face.

"You are Ene-chan then." He said sniffling looking at her sadly.

"Yep! Ene-chan! You can call me Takane though!"

He reached out and picked her up like a doll. He smiled, relieved looking at his friend. He usually had nothing on his mind, but at this moment in time he wanted to never let go of Takane. Never let her get out of sight or float away on a computer screen.

He put her on his back, as if giving a piggyback ride. He walked out of the lab smiling as Takane rested her head on his. They walked home to be greeted by an empty house. He felt at ease knowing his friend wouldn't leave him like he thought she did. He was confused by the emotions he felt since he met Ene in her new body. He knew it was his friend though. They have the same personality and smile as the pixelated Ene. The smile is what he knew her for. That smile he rarely saw made him feel happy to have this friend. He put Takane down on the couch and he sat beside her. "Want your Negma now?" She said waiting for him to claim the reward.

"Negma looks good!" he said like an excited little kid.

Takane went to the kitchen and started to cook. Haruka loved Takane's cooking so she hoped Konoha would like it also. She made a small bento box to tie him over. He started to drool as Takane was finishing up the small meal.

When she was done she placed it on the table for her friend. She didn't need food when she was Ene so she almost forgot how to cook. She was happy she remembered the recipe Haruka loved so much.

Konoha sat down at the table and dug in. "Oh, this is yummy!" Konoha exclaimed. He seemed grateful for the food as he munched down on it. It didn't take him long before he was done. Once he was done he got up and put the plate away in the dishwasher.

"Can we watch TV?" Takane said as he was cleaning up. He nodded his head in agreement. He walked over to wards the couch and sat down. Takane put on the TV and decided to watch a movie. It was around 7:30 when they started to watch it.

Takane was getting a little worried because the dan still wasn't home. She continued to watch the movie, setting her worries to the side.

The movie seemed very long. About halfway through it, Takane was getting tired and started to doze off waiting for the dan to come home. Konoha noticed that she was sleeping and turned off the TV. He sat down on the floor staring at her expecting her to wake up.

Konoha was leaning against the couch while sitting on the floor. He was also getting sleepy, but like the child he was he still expected Takane to wake up soon.

He started getting tiered and he yawned waiting for her to get up. He started to drift off same as her. He fought the urge to fall asleep like a toddler who wanted to play still. He kept nodding his head but eventually he fell asleep.

It was around 10:00 when the front door of the room opened to see Kido standing with a couple bags in her hands. She noticed the two sleeping to her right on the couch. She informed the others of this and they stepped in quietly and put the stuff away.

They all went to their rooms so they could avoid them from waking up. Everyone was tired just like the two. Kido had an urge to grab a couple blankets and cover them up because Konoha was shivering. Konoha felt the blanket on his back and he woke up looking at Kido placing another one on Takane.

"Sorry I woke you up." Kido kneeled down to whisper it to him. She patted his head and went to her room, waving goodnight.

Konoha started staring at Takane again. He remembered if he wanted to go to sleep he must be in bed. He thought Takane should follow the rule he remembered, but he couldn't think of a place she could sleep. She never slept she usually surfed the webs or played a video game at night. He decided the only decision he had was to share his bed with her.

He picked up Takane carefully and went to his room down the hall. He opened his door and placed Takane under the covers. Kido was still up at the time and heard his door open and close. She knew konoha would put Takane to sleep in his bed. He was an obedient, good kid who never broke the rules he was set with.

He slipped under the sheets and stared at Takane lying in his bed. He just stared until he saw her black hair fall over her face. He freaked in his head because he thought she may disappear again.

He moved the hair away from her face. He was happy with this result. He finally fell asleep wanting her to wake up.