❛•● ━·•❪ Chapter 1 ❫•·━ ●•❜

Opening Explanation- 

- feel free to skip past this every chapter, this is just my establishing ramble

· •━{ Word Count  = 2693 }━ •·

I watched Encanto for the first time with a friend the other week and I fuckin love everyone in that movie omfg, but I guess more specifically the 50 year old himbo living in the walls?? It makes me feel better that I'm not the only one cause I've been binge-reading other Bruno fan fictions. I wanted to make one myself, but it sort of very quickly spiralled into a self indulgent fic and now there's a bunch of Indonesian words in here. Scroll down for their explanations lmao

Word explanations if you don't understand Indonesian:

Cidomo - A small horse drawn carriage

Batik - A traditional cloth that's been sort of sort of wax-resist dyed with neat patterns on them.

Keajaiban - Miracle (ahem hint hint)

•● ━━━━·•❪ Chapter 1 ❫•·━━━━ ●•

"Oh come on Bambang, don't be like that" You said with a feigned tone of annoyance, smiling at your steed while handling an apple and holding your hand out towards him. "We've only been traveling for a couple of hours, this is barely anything compared to what we normally do!"

He snorted a bit in discontent, though he took the whole apple into his mouth with no hesitation. He wasn't sure what you were saying, but he knew that you didn't want to stop to have a break.

You ran your now empty hand from between his ears down to his shoulders, sighing slightly as your eyes scanned your surroundings and tried to past over the canopy of jungle-esque trees surrounding you.

"Oh hey, it looks like there's a mountain range over East, how about once we get there we can rest?" you offered to your horse. Bambang didn't really understand you again, I mean he's a horse so of course, but he gave a small huff of allowance to whatever you were saying. You smiled and scratched him lightly behind the ears before walking back and hopping onto the seat on the front of your Cimodo, gripping the reigns firmly with your loosely bandaged hands and clicking your tongue twice. Bambang started to move, first at a leisurely stroll before heightening his pace to a comfortable gallop.

As the trees made their way past you let yourself zone out, trusting your traveling partner to understand your intentions to head East. It was crazy how long the two of you had been travelling together for now.

You thought back to your goodbyes to your family from years ago. God, you were so young and naive, only in your twenties. It's been a good decade since and you're not sure if what you were doing now was what you were meant to be doing.

You love traveling, no doubt about it, but you can't help but wonder what it's like back home. Do your family still miss you? What are you missing out on? Do they think you're dead?? I mean, you haven't gotten in contact with them since your departure, so they very much might think you're dead.

Obviously you knew this questions would stick with you even when you first left your humble village, but that doesn't change the fact that the answers to them still intrigue you. Maybe one day you'll choose to find your way back to your family and be welcomed home with a warm embrace from your brother, your parents, your parent's parents and their other children, but for now you were rather content with the way you were living.

Placing the reigns on your lap, you reached a hand behind you, slipping it through the window of your Cimodo and gripping a neck. After feeling the fretboard quickly to ensure this was the object you were looking for, you carefully took it out of the Cimodo and back through the window with a smile.