❛•● ━·•❪ Chapter 3 ❫•·━ ●•❜

Opening Explanation-

- feel free to skip past this every chapter, this is just my establishing ramble

· •━{ Word Count = 2804 }━ •·

Remember how I said I'd be posting once a week? I lied, but only for this time I think. I got bored and blitzed out a chapter cause I wanted to get my thoughts down, so that's what this chapter basically is. 

No new Indonesian words I'm pretty sure.

•● ━━━━·•❪ Chapter 3 ❫•·━━━━ ●•

You sat down at the table a little awkwardly. It seemed like an extra section had been added down the opposite end of where Abuela sat, but you didn't comment on its slightly tacky nature. You had placed your stick comfortably under the table and right next to your feet. Sitting across from you was Isabela with Mirabel to the left of her and the one you gathered to be Luisa on the right. The girl with the red ribbon who you saw running away earlier was directly to the right of you, and a boy with a yellow poncho to the left. Next to the girl with the ribbon was Antonio, so him and Mirabel being so close to you made you feel slightly more comfortable even though you were pretty damn nervous.

"I would like to thank Julieta for the wonderful meal presented to us tonight" Abuela spoke up against the chatter, gesturing to the woman who had guided you inside earlier. Julieta. That was her name, okay. You got this. You can remember all of this.

The family members cheered and expressed their gratitude, while you did the same only far quieter. She thanked everyone happily before noticing the empty chairs down the end of the table.

"Where is Bruno?" she asked, and the table fell silent.

After a moment everyone started looking around and murmuring while you were left to uncomfortably shift in your seat.

"Uh.. who's Bruno?" You asked a bit hesitantly as the boy next to you slammed his hand down on the table making you flinch back a bit.

"Camilo!" Félix yelled but the boy ignored him. Alright, his name is Camilo.

"Who's Bruno you ask? Oh, only the most despicable member of our family" he said very theatrically. You looked at him confusedly and raised an eyebrow, but he didn't break.

"We normally don't talk about him, but I think you should know the truth. He's utterly terrifying!" he yelled, pushing his seat back and jumping out of it, morphing into some kind of scruffy himbo looking guy with a green poncho and long, black curly hair.

"7 foot tall, an army of rats at his disposal, he'll eat you alive!" he said forebodingly clawing his hands around while pushing himself up to your face. Your expression however remained neutral at this attempt to frighten you as you gave him a cocky smile. "He sees your dreams and your futures and your fears, everything you've ever dreaded, and he'll use every piece of what he knows against you"

"Camilo!" Félix yelled out again

"Mhmm, sure he will. Thank you Camilo, truly thank you, for the introduction to this horrible man. I'll avoid him at all costs" you said teasingly as he awed in disappointment, slumping back down into his chair and folding his arms. Mirabel snorted a little and Camilo shot her a glare.

Félix started to scold Camilo in whispers as Julieta laughed a little in slight embarrassment.

"Bruno isn't really like that, I assure you" she said with a bit of a nervous smile on her face but you just chuckled.