Chapter 12 - Pearlescent

Ostara stared at the soil and was reminded of the person she least liked to think about. This soil was coarse and gritty. Sebastian's soil back home was smooth and full of moisture. She found herself wondering for a brief moment what kind of silly remark he'd make about the plants here.

She'd been smooshing the soil between her fingers for so long she had forgotten how strange she must look to her peers in her Herbology class.

It was not as if Herbology was a particularly interesting subject to Ostara. However, due to her time spent with Sebastian, it was a subject she was rather skilled in, which made it easy to study in her final year. If she had the skills, something like Divination or Ancient Runes would have been more interesting. But, Star felt she was too far gone to pick those up now.

"He has kind eyes." A dreamy voice spoke from beside her.

"I'd appreciate it if you could stop gazing into my life," Ostara snapped at one of the twins. 

"We're psychics. It's what we do," the other replied. 

Cleo and Corrine Lestrange had been some of the most talented witches in Divination to ever walk the castle's halls. Ostara had heard that in their fourth year, they were completing their N.E.W.T's for the subject. And now, in their final year at Hogwarts, they would leave every Thursday afternoon to study divination with Cassandra Trewlaney herself - a very highly celebrated and respected Seer.

It scared Ostara that two girls had the power to look into her life; past, present and future. But there was not much she could do to stop them, even the art of Occlumency did not prevent the power of Seers.

"We'd like you to accompany us to our weekly meeting with Cassandra," Corrine said.

"Umm...why?" Star asked. Most witches would jump at this opportunity. Star however, was just confused and quite frankly a little unnerved.

"When a noble witch invites you to meet another noble witch, you don't ask why, you say thank you," Cleo said.

Ostara was taken back by the twin's mouthiness. She had never heard one of them speak so many words let alone laced with an undertone of bitterness.

The Lestrange twins really did live up to their last name. They had power no other at Hogwarts had, not even Tom. Ostara wondered what they could want with her, so reluctantly, she accepted. 

"What time?" Ostara asked.

"Three O'clock."

"Where shall I meet you both?"

In unison, both twins titled their heads and blinked slowly at Ostara. They didn't speak a word.

They cleaned up their soil and potted the last of their plants before heading towards the door of the classroom.

"Hello?!" Ostara called out to them. "Cleo? Corrine? Where do I meet you?"

"Where you can lie but not stand." Their dreamy eyes held heavy contact with Ostara's.

"What on earth is that supposed to mean?" Star called out. But it was no use. The twins were out of sight.

____

"Riddle!" Ostara chased after the teen. "I need your help solving a riddle." She smiled at her own joke.

He stopped walking and turned to face her. "I'm afraid I have somewhere I need to be."

"Riddle doesn't want to help me solve a riddle?" She frowned at him.

"Real original joke Ostara." He rolled his eyes and began to walk away.