Prisoner

I stared at him for a very long while before I could ask another question. "When you say, 'That's why you're here'.....?" I trailed off hoping he would understand, and he did.

He simply reached up, making me flinch, and flicked my hair back over my left shoulder. He then touched his finger tips to my neck, causing me to hiss in pain.

I grabbed my neck, backing away from him. "What did you do to me?" I spat.

He sighed almost regretfully. "You have a choice. One, stay here with me as my prisoner, so that I may feed as often as I wish, or Two," He motioned towards the giant double doors. "You can brave the world full of vampires outside of my manor."

My breathing quickened. I can't believe this is happening. "What happens if I don't choose either?"

He face darkened. "Then I choose for you."

His words made me shudder. What do I choose?

"I'm a rather impatient man. If you wouldn't mind choosing quickly, it would be much appreciated." He said, sounding bored with the conversation.

What do I do?

"Choose, or I choose for you." He said again.

I closed my eyes, and breathed out slowly. "I will take my chances in your world." I said quickly.

There was a long pause, and I opened my eyes to see Lonan staring at me with a questioning gaze.

He stepped even closer to me, make me look directly at him. "Are you sure?" He asked in a low tone.

I swallowed, and nodded my head.

A smirk played at the corner of his mouth, but he said nothing. I gasped when he suddenly vanished, and reappeared by the double doors. I figured it best not to ask anymore questions though.

He grabbed the handle, and pulled it open just enough for me to fit through. With another blink, he was by my side again. He grabbed my waist, and the world around my shifted for a fraction of a second, and then we were by the doors. My head spun with the sudden shock, and I grabbed Lonan's shoulder to keep from falling. When I had gained my balance again, he let go of me, and I stumbled into the door. I looked through it to the outside, and saw nothing but a sunless sky, full of gray clouds. I turned to look into the manor again, and Lonan was gone.

Might as well make a run for it.

And with that, I speed off into the dark world ahead.

*

Several hours later, I found myself stumbling across a plane rocky surface, with no sign of civilization ahead. I was cold, tired, hungry, and thirsty, with no provisions, and in nothing but a thin dance dress, and no shoes. I cursed myself for leaving the manor, but was I really better off to die out here? Or in there? I couldn't decide.

On and on I went, nothing but rocks ahead of me, and broken spirits. My feet had several cuts in them at this point, causing pain to shoot up through my leg, not to mention the pain I was now feeling in my neck since Lonan had pointed it out. I was utterly miserable, and all I wanted to do was go home. Many times, I closed my eyes and pretended to be Dorothy, clicking my heels together, and wish myself home, but it never worked.

I was coming up to the top of a hill, when I heard a scream off into the distance. I looked around me, but saw nothing. Again, and this time I could make out that it was a woman's voice. She didn't sound like she was in pain. More like, she was screaming at something. I heard it again, this time, off to my right, and I began to run in that direction.