One day

I woke again in the canopy bed, but I wasn't so eager to get out. Today was my last day of freadom before I had to start paying the Blood Price.

I groaned, and rolled over on my side, and let out a long sigh. I frowned when I saw a stack of clothes, and a note on the mahogany nightstand to the right of the bed. I scooted over, and picked up the note, and read it:

Be ready by noon.

I glanced at the clock on the wall, and it said 10:48. I groaned again, and pulled the covers over my face.

I don't want to get up.

When I had finally convinced myself to get dressed, I wandered over to the bathroom, and found a huge, white bathtub inside. I filled it with boiling water, and got in. There was soap, and a toothbrush on a table next to the tub. When I got out, I found a brush, hair ties, make-up of all kinds, ect......by the sink, and under it. I bypassed the make up, and french braided my hair, not careing what I looked like. When I was done, I put the clothes on that were on the nightstand. It was a pair of dark jeans, and a gray t-shirt, with a pale yellow sweater. There were also black sneakers on the floor. When I was done, I waited out in the hallway.

After standing there for about 20 minutes, Howard came around the corner.
"Good afternoon, ma'am." He dipped his head down.

"You can call me Tyla." I said curtly. I didn't like any of these mindless slaves who openly excepted their fate, but I still sypathized them.

"If you would follow me......Tyla." He looked uncomfortable using my name, but I didn't care.

He began to walk, and I followed.

"Where are we going?" I asked.

"To the master's garden." He said cheerfully.

I came to a stop, and grabbed his arm. "Lonan, his name is Lonan. Not master. Don't you ever call him that again. I'm sick of you all acting like he owns you. He doesn't."

He was silent, and completely shock stricken. His mouth hung open, and his eyes were wide, as if I had just summoned the boogy man. After a moment of silence, he composed himself.

"Come. We must not keep the....." He trailed of, and turned to continue walking.

We didn't speak the rest of the way. I came to the conclusion that we were in the garden, when we passed through a glass hallway surrounded by plants of all kinds. We came out into a patio looking area, with a black, metal table, and matching chairs in the middle. I looked over to find Lonan standing by one of the archways going out of the garden patio. He didn't turn to look at us when we entered, and Howard still didn't say anything to me when he left.

I stood there staring at Lonan's back, wondering why he brought me here.

Why does he even care? Why doesn't he just stick me in a cage, and treat me like he thinks I am. Food.

"Beautiful day, isn't it?" He said randomly, interrupting my thoughts.

I looked at the gray, clouded sky. "Uh, yeah sure. It's less gray than yesterday, I think."

He turned to give me a dissaproving frown.

"What else do you want from me? You've pretty much told me I'm nothing to you, so what more do you want? Why did you bring me here?" I questioned.

He looked out the archway again. "I've come to realize that I may have been a bit......harsh."

Wait, what?